Managed payments and ebay tax fee on each item

Just subbed to managed payments on my other account and i've discovered my fees are about 15.1% on a featured store for a $10 item with free postage. Ebay tax both your final value fee and 30 cent fee for 10%. All my items include free postage. If i didn't include postage as part of the final price, would this effectively decrease these tax fees or does ebay put their 10% tax on postage fees too? 

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Managed payments and ebay tax fee on each item

ilce
Community Member

Its the same. Ebay calculate the fee / commission / tax based off the total amout including any postage.

Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

There is 10% get on eBay fees if you are not GSt exempt.
Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

10% GST
Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

hmmm how can ebay TAX postage when it already TAXED good pick up  as their fee gst is doubling dipping on the GST on postage

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

eBay charge GST on their fees.

Which includes their fees on postage.

Done and dusted 6 YEARS ago, when this was brought in.

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

eBay charge GST on their fees.

Which includes their fees on postage.

Done and dusted 6 YEARS ago, when this was brought in.

BY law they are in the wrong and breaking the GST laws by double dipping users on the GST they have alraedy paid for...    IF I buy my own postage from AUS POST etc I have alraedy paid the GST side.   EBAY CAN NOT collect GST on a piushase I already own it the LAW.   They can charge a fee if they choose ( for doing nothing if the label is NOT done through ebay etc) BUT they can not charge GST as they play no part in the transaction of the GOOD i have brought and own already  so the gst has alraedy been paid on that good and their service fee their done nothing in the way of me getting that good .   IF I buy the postage VIA ebay THEN THEY HAVE the right to charge the GST on their FEE as they prodived a SERVICE by acting as a middle man in the tranaction in the buying of the label....

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

it would be like me standing at the end of the driveway at a service station as you are driving out and telling you have to pay the gst again for the petrol you already own and have paid GST on 

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

They charge GST on their fees!

If you think they are breaking the law, take it up with the appropriate agencies.

Don't expect a positive result, though. As I said, this was resolved 6 YEARS ago, whether you agree or not.

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

@silver-fox-bullion wrote:

BY law they are in the wrong and breaking the GST laws by double dipping users on the GST they have alraedy paid for...    IF I buy my own postage from AUS POST etc I have alraedy paid the GST side.   EBAY CAN NOT collect GST on a piushase I already own it the LAW.   They can charge a fee if they choose ( for doing nothing if the label is NOT done through ebay etc) BUT they can not charge GST as they play no part in the transaction of the GOOD i have brought and own already  so the gst has alraedy been paid on that good and their service fee their done nothing in the way of me getting that good .   IF I buy the postage VIA ebay THEN THEY HAVE the right to charge the GST on their FEE as they prodived a SERVICE by acting as a middle man in the tranaction in the buying of the label....

I believe the ACCC looked into it when it was first introduced and they didn't have a problem with it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 29
Latest reply