Massive telstra outage nationwide

Just thought I'd give you the heads up. For a few hours now there has been an outage which is affecting different clients in different ways. I have internet but no bigpond mail coming in, others have no internet at all.

http://aussieoutages.com/status/telstra

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

So glad we dumped Telstra about 8-weeks ago because their service was totally lousy.

And for the past 18-months they have had trouble getting our bills right.

And anything that happened was always something to do with our equipment or house despite them providing a new modem which changed nothing.

So we ended up pulling the pin and changing over to Optus. So far very smooth sailing.

When the Optus tech was here installing he found a line fault in a node in our suburb that Tesltra had denied existed. The Optus tech said said he could well understand why we had flaky broadband. Telstra previously said the fault must have been in our house wiring and that would cost us to repair. Seems not!

Will we ever recommend Telstra or ever change back to them? Not too likely.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Yeah it would be nice to have the option to switch but unfortunately Optus don't service my area. Anyone else is just as bad because the telstra lines are just so old here. I was flat out getting broadband on even, anyone would think I live thousands of kms from civilisation.

Looks like the problem has now been fixed 6 hours later.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I don't have Tel$tra internet, but had no problems today using my phone for text messages. I can't change either because while Optus and Vodaphone do service the area, their coverage is lousy. Tel$tra is bad enough for coverage, but the others are far worse.

I did change to Optus years ago (before mobile phones were in every home) and swore I'd never go back. They wanted to charge me $150 to have the phone disconnected when we were moving house. Thankfully the TIO fixed that problem and they waived the fee as a gesture of goodwill (what a load of tripe!).

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply