Merchant credit card

Hello all
I am about to start selling but am concerned at the number of people with paypal issues. Does anyone not use paypal as a seller and use a merchant credit card facility or something else?

Any opinions or advice greatfully accepted to this newbie!
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Merchant credit card

I use paypal and offer merchant credit card on my website - To be  honest as an established seller I much prefer paypal. In incidents of fraid I have been much better protected than with credit card companies and I have also found the service better. Paypal does get a bad rap from many but not from me. I've always found them very reasonable.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Merchant credit card

I agree with character_parties - Paypal really get an unfair bad rap from a very small minority.

I have been using Paypal for years and also offer merchant credit facilities and as a seller I have far more protection from Paypal than I do from my credit card company.

Depending on the value and type of items you sell where possible ensure you are covered by the Paypal Seller Protection policy.

Ebay buyers prefer Paypal and are often reluctant to use other payment methods particularly from new sellers so if you want to make sales you really need to offer Paypal.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Merchant credit card

@jensmanchester-australia wrote:

I agree with character_parties - Paypal really get an unfair bad rap from a very small minority.

I have had minimal problems with Paypal also, however unlike yourself Jen, I do believe that many others have not had the same experience that I have had.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Merchant credit card

I also think a lot of the so called bad issues that appear over the internet on PayPal is more to do with buyer or seller not following proper procedures or learning how to, preventing issues in the first place.

Overall I find PayPal easy to use and very helpful over the phone should an issue arise.

image host
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Merchant credit card

Where there is smoke there is fire kopes.

If thousands of paypal users don't understand the process then information and efucation is needed by the body that has responsibility for making decisions about hundreds of thousands of $$$
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Merchant credit card

Quite agree and larger organisations are often slow on realizing/implementing.

It astounds me seeing so many organisations still not very open to listening/directing suggestions from those that are continously on the front lines. Not only doesn't it resolve issues quickly but dampens the faith/enthusiasm in those that have an eye for spotting/resolving problems or even potential problems.

I have often thought both ebay's n PayPal's "instructions" are far too complex for the beginner, as they obviously don't want to leave anything out.

A brief beginners guide should be available prior to the indepth procedures and conditions for both sites.

I may even do a 10 tips for buyers and 10 tips for sellers myself if I have time soon.

image host
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply