Message attachments are not working or it is just me?

Hi guys,

For the last two days I cannot attach any image to a message. After I select an image from my Win 7 laptop using Chrome nothing happens, No small window shown with the image uploading and nothing seems to be attached. I have also tried IE but results are the same.

When it started to happen(two days ago) I hoped somebody reported it to eBay already and I was going to try it next day. The next day(yesterday) and it was the same. I called eBay and reported it as broken and I was told  it is going to be fixed within a couple of hours. More than 16 hours passed since then and nothing fixed. Which is probably what everyone could expect from eBay.

However before I call them again(I really hate to waste my time on calling them) can please somebody confrim it is actually broken. As I mention above  I have tried at least two browsers with no result but it was working in Chrome just three days ago. And I use it everyday fro the past few years. So I hope there is nothing wrong with my laptop and it is eBay who has made it not working.

This is too critical for me as my customers are waiting for a proof and that's the only way for me to send a proof to them. Without it being in a working order I am loosing these customers as they cannot wait for days for eBay to fix something.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Message attachments are not working or it is just me?

ok, it is "funny". I can attach an image to a message in Chrome incognito mode but I cannot do it in a normal mode. What is so different in incognito mode that lets me do it vs a normal Chrome mode?
Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Ok, I have narrowed it to Chrome Extensions. I had at least three that was corrupted(AdBlock, Google Docs and PDF Filler) Since I was not after which one exactly was causing this problem I repaired them all at once and after I restarted Chrome I was able to attach an image. So if something like this happening to you check if you have any corrupted extensions.
Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Just want to add a few cents, this feature has some problems from the beginning and they are all still presented.

1) If your image is bigger than eBay allows it won't attach anything and it won't display any error message
2)It relates slightly with the first one but it has extra problems. If your image was too big but you reduced its size and try again it won't work without reloading the page.

And an extra problem, if you want to attach more than one image select them all for the first time. If you do it one by one only the first image will be attached and all next attempts to attach a second/third/etc will fail with no error messages displayed
Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

That's just crazy. I can attach an image to a message to one buyer but I cannot attach the same image to a message to another.

If there is settings somewhere in My eBay that prevents receiving attachments through messages? It seems that they should be something in eBay settings responsible for it or it does not explain why it works for one buyer and it does not work for the other.

Can anybody remember where it is exactly in My Ebay. I went through some settings and I can't find anything.
Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

If the buyer selects to receive text-only emails from ebay, they can't receive messages with image attachments. You should get a specific warning in those cases, though.
Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:
If the buyer selects to receive text-only emails from ebay, they can't receive messages with image attachments. You should get a specific warning in those cases, though.

Thank you.  I think that where it is setup that way. I was trying to find it by searching every page in settings with a "attachement" word and I failed. Now I went back after your message  and I can see  the following in my settings.

Preferred Email Format: "HTML (includes graphics)" or  "Text-only"

A bit strange that I have had three buyers with setting who set it on Text only within a few days but I guess it is quite possible. I will check with one of my buyers what she has in Settings for Communication Preferences.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply