Message not sent

In the ebay messages I wrote "I will send a paypal invoice" and ebay blocked it... The reason I sent the email was because someone wanted express and they had already payed (not for the express). Ebay do not as far as I can see offer any way of actually being able to overcome this type of thing (unless the postage cheaper).

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Message not sent

yep I noticed this last week. You cannot mention paypal or invoice in messages any longer.
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay and Paypal believe you are trying to do businss outside of what they control so obviously have keyword triggers set so that it flags and are blocked from sending your msg. Probably less hassle to send paypal invoice and msg that way Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Do you get any indication that the message was not sent?
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

We quite often use this method of adding on a cost not just for express but when a buyer has not seen all our store listings first and did not find exactly what they were after until after they have paid. We let them know via messaging we will send a PayPal invoice for the extra $3 (or whatever) to include the extra matching headband they want. Seems much simpler than asking them to cancel the existing transaction and rebuy the correct item.
Looks like we will need to find sneakier words next time we do it then.
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

This has been happening for a while, but I find if you don't say "PayPal invoice" and separate the two words the message will go through (well, it did last time, which was about a week ago).

I just say things like  "I'll send you a direct invoice", and in another sentence, something like "this will come straight to the address registered with PayPal".

If eBay would look past their paranoia for a moment and realise that if they provided proper facilities for resolving these kinds of transaction issues efficiently, everyone (including buyers) would be a whole lot happier. 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

I used to just have a picture of my email address attached to a message but now since this latest improvement from eBay I have a picture of what I want to say in the message then attach it so the bots can't pick up any keywords. In the message itself I just put something like please see attached picture.
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

That's a good idea Harley. I managed to send my email address to someone a few weeks ago. In the past, people would just write the email address out in full, e.g. hairymary at abc dot com dot au (not a real email address as far as I know), but the bots can now detect that. In the end, after several failed messages, I worked out how to send it. hairymary ATtic abc DOTty COMe DOTh AUnty. That got through and the recipient was able to decipher it.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:
Do you get any indication that the message was not sent?

yes. there is a massive message that pops up and it says not sent. It looks worse than the warning for trying to include an emai,l. It should be noted that I have the buyers contact details anyway.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Yes the warning is confronting. I got one through on Sunday just using the word invoice with no mention of Paypal at all. They can't block the word invoice because then we wouldn't be able to talk about combined invoices.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply