Missing parcel buyer has lodged enquiry

On my selling account I have a parcel stuck in limbo.. Hasn't moved since being lodged over the counter 9 days ago . I often check  the tracking numbers to see if they have arrived.  I noticed my buyer has lodged an inquiry with AP but hasn't contacted me yet.. Can anyone suggest what's the best course of action?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Missing parcel buyer has lodged enquiry

You will need to lodge an enquiry with AP as well. If they have lost the parcel, then you will have to refund your customer and you will in turn get refunded postage plus value of goods up to $50 from AP.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Nothing until the buyer hears back from AP and contacts you.

And as MC suggests.

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks Guys. I took out extra cover for the item as it was nearly $100. I've lodged an enquiry from my end  & i'll wait for the buyer to get in touch.

Another question I have is - should I refund before AP finish their enquiry?  

If I'm forced to refund (by ebay) & then the item is delivered what recourse will I have with ebay, the buyer will have their item & a refund?

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Personally I wouldn't refund until the buyer gets back to you, the item may still arrive.

If it turns up to the buyer after a refund, you are relying on the buyer's honesty to repay.

image host
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I agree with kobenhavn, wait until AP has finished their investigation first. If the customer contacts you ask them nicely to do so as well as they already know that it's not your fault.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Wait until AP get back to you.

sometimes tracking doesn't up date until the item has been delivered (not much sense calling t tracking when you can't track it ๐Ÿ™)

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Keeping my fingers crossed it's just caught up in the AP Xmas overload.... I haven't contacted the buyer either. I think i'll just wait & see what the buyer does in regards to an INR case....

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply