Monthly listing limitation

eBay's monthly listing limit is ridiculous.

1. First month, I have 225 items for sale while my monthly listing limit is 100. I listed around 85, and about 15 relisted items after sold. From 2nd month, I could list or relist nothing even the sold ones. over 100 items are just stuck in my stock and customer will never see them. It is a waste for me 'cause I make no money on them, neither does eBay.

2. If the limit is 200, my current listings are 190 and sold 20 in the month, which means from that moment all sold items could not be relisted for ever 'cause I reached the monthly listing limit. Is this how it works?

Could someone give me an answer? Thanks.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Monthly listing limitation

And 500 free listing promotion for me is like an illusion 'cause the monthly listing limitSmiley Sad

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Yep.

Not sure how you managed to list 225 items with a 100 item limit, though.

If you have listing limits then they are the limits you have. Which means that if you have a 100 per month limit then you can only list 100 items per month (because they all might sell). If you sell 15, that leaves 85, including current listings. Any that fall off unsold will free up the equivalent for new or relists.

You can ask for higher limits, but if you're selling jewellery I suspect you will need a lot of positive feedback before that happens.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks Jim. But it is so ridiculous. Even I got 300 monthly listing limit, after I list all my items it seems one day sooner or later, I can not relist the sold ones when the total sold one is over 100. It is like once the item sole it will be put into jail.
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

And, how could I forsee how many items will be sold in the following month? I am not a wizard. How silly it is.
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

I know listing limits can be frustrating, but I'm going to leave a link >>here<< that may help you with a slightly different matter, because it could affect you more than listing limits.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

My name is not Jim.

Other than that you are correct. You cannot anticipate what your sales will be. Neither can eBay, which is why the listing limits include how many you have listed and have sold, because you might sell all of them.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks for your remind of the copyright issue. The products we selling are Swarovski Elements (or Swarovski Crystallized), which is a cooperation treaty and products between Swarovski and its worldwide co-producers.
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

There you go. You will have to get a very high percentage of satisfied buyers over a significant period before ebay will relax your restrictions.

Them's the rules.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

lol, sorry for the mistake.

We are just players who follow the game maker, while the rules of the game are so stubbon and silly. But WHY? What happens if there is no limit for listing? The maker has nothing to lose.
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply