More information on Click and Send changes

aurellian
Community Member

More information about C&S changes has dribbled out

http://auspost.com.au/about-us/click-and-send-changes.html

It seems that you can still use ebay satchels

"You can also use any remaining Australia Post / eBay satchels to send parcels through Click and Send, but the postage will be charged at the same rate as the new Australia Post flat rate products.

If you plan to send parcels through Click and Send, please remember to order the new Australia Post flat rate packaging next time you order." 

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

We have been using the C&S ebay 500gm flat rate satchels if/when needed. Maybe only use 2/3 per month. We just recently bought 20 of these and still holding them until needed.

We have been paying $7.15 thru C&S when we use them.

I'm a bit confused as to what these changes now mean.

Does this mean the 20 or so satchels I am holding will become unusable soon. They may last us 6-months or so.

Do I have to buy some new equivalent products now?

Is the cost of the new ones still $7.15?

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I read that the other day, and I think it just means that you can use the eBay C&S satchels to post, but the price you pay will depend on where the label is generated. There will soon be two different types of satchels you can buy, though - the eBay flat rate ones, and some generic (i.e. no other branding but AP) red & white ones that work the same way. As far as I know, the 500gm satchel is not increasing in price from $7.15 (yet), but processing via eBay gets the 10% rebate? Or is that on non-flat rate products? (I read the info, but I honestly don't know what 'assessed' is referring to, and since I rarely send parcels now, I didn't bother to try and figure it all out). 

I'm pretty sure the new red and white satchels can't be used to send an eBay flat rate product, though, but it looked like they were going to be available for purchase at PO's etc.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

We have been using the C&S ebay 500gm flat rate satchels if/when needed. Maybe only use 2/3 per month. We just recently bought 20 of these and still holding them until needed.

We have been paying $7.15 thru C&S when we use them.

I'm a bit confused as to what these changes now mean.

Does this mean the 20 or so satchels I am holding will become unusable soon. They may last us 6-months or so.

Do I have to buy some new equivalent products now?

Is the cost of the new ones still $7.15?

You can use the eBay satchels and continue to buy them but will have to process the postage label via eBay.  You can use the remaining eBay satchels on Click and Send as well, but will pay Australia Post rates.  Not $7.15.   Currently, for a limited time, you will pay $7.15 if processed via eBay.  Australia Post is offering 10% off if you're sedning 250 + parcels per year.

http://auspost.com.au/media/documents/click-and-send-faqs-1may2014.pdf

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks for that link - seems a bit bizarre to me, now that I've read throught it.

If I understand it correctly, you can buy the new non-pre-paid satchels to use via C&S, then pay the difference per parcel to ultimately pay the same amount as a pre-paid satchel. (That is, if the new 500gm satchels are 20c each, the postage for them will be $8.05). 

Alternatively, use your own packaging, and pay $7.20 for postage - most people can get generic satchels for less than $1.05 each, so I'm not sure I see the advantage of the new satchels at all - at least, not for anyone who doesn't qualify for the 10% off rates.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I'm not 100% sure I understand it either.  I spoke to AP and was told more information would be available on their website this afternoon.   I was also told it would be best to give them a call then as well.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

So,

New click and send box 1 price to send will be $13.10 ??  But through ebay will still be $7.15 ??

Confused.......

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

O.k -going back to bed......... I think I got that above $13.10 wrong?? Thats the price if you use your own box.

ugh - I need it in simple TERMS.......

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Yep...

I need it in simple terms too.

I have no idea what's going on.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

so now a click and send 3 kg satchel works out at $15.55

but if you use a 1 kg box it is $14.48