Multiple unpaid items

I have a buyer who has bought 8 items from me over the last 3 weeks or so. We've had a bit of correspondance about combined invocing.  She let me know she was waiting to bid on one more item. That was about 1 week ago.  I have no more auctions

I hve messaged her adn asked if she is finished and ready for a combiend invoice. No reply ( 2 days now)

I have not as yet combined the items on an invoice.

I am planning to open unpaid itme disuptes I rarely have to do this so I'm  not experieinced adn this is where I need some advice please.

if all the items are on the one invoice  does that counts as only one unpaid item?

I think it does so I was going to send them individually.

The difficulty with that is if the buyer genuinley wants the items then the postage amount will be excessive if the items are not grouped together on one invoice ( around $55 instead of about $25)

Any advice/insights would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Multiple unpaid items

do not wait for a reply, just send a combined invoice for completed listings.

If it is for 8 items then it is worth it to send the invoice rather than opening an UnPaid Item case at this stage.  You can include a note on the invoice.

Opening UPI cases might just annoy a potential buyer of 8 items.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Multiple unpaid items

Ditto what sir sales said, however also keep in mind you can no longer open UPIs much past 30 days since the date of a sale, so if some purchase are 3 weeks old, you have a bit over a week left before the option to open them is no longer available.

What I would do is send the invioce, and then message the buyer advising that a combined invoice has been issued but that it can only remain valid for one week because the oldest transactions will become void on (x) date when a cancellation process will initiate (this is true either way, as the the buyer will no longer be able to go through checkout on or around day 36, but you will need to open a UPI at least 4 days before then, so I always make it no more than 4 weeks from the date of sale).

In the message, make X date the date you will open the UPI(s)). 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Multiple unpaid items

Yes, send a combined invoice and let the buyer know that they will get an extra 4 days grace when you lodge a dispute (in order to get your fees back)
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Multiple unpaid items

Even if combined into one invoice, our experience is that each item counts as an individual unpaid item - ie. 8 items on one invoice count as 8 unpaid items if they are all overdue.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Multiple unpaid items

Yes, and you have to open a separate unpaid dispute for each item, even if they're all on one invoice.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply