Must be an election happening soon

Sales are slow to a crawl.

Bit like the last drawn out election when consumer confidence was shot.

This will be our longest election campaign reminiscent of the US style rubbish.

Bunker down for a quiet period until it's all over.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Must be an election happening soon

Strange you say that - I have had the best month so far (April) has surpassed the normally large November total - (pre Xmas). Can only put it down to my items being perhaps suitable for Mother's Day gifts - but am quite happy if they slow down a little. 

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Why do some sellers always blame an election or whatever when their sales are down?

How about the logical explanation is that buyers just don't feel like buying simple as that lol.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I thought it was the winter slowdown, rama. Given you are in a resort town and the desal plant is finished and mothballed.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

we'll see after the budget.

Yes things are good in Wonthaggi Dave, you should move here.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

i allways feel like buying, my watch list is full, but my wallets empty....again.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Too close to my parents.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@scrambler3333 wrote:

Why do some sellers always blame an election or whatever when their sales are down?

How about the logical explanation is that buyers just don't feel like buying simple as that lol.

I agree with you. It all comes down to who wants what when. This week they might want my stuff, next week they might want yours (not yours specifically!), the next week they'll want someone else's. The week after that everyone gets their land rates bill and don't buy anything. I think there are far more factors than just an upcoming election.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

No, tippy, when people receive a large bill (eg. rates) they feel miserable, and when people feel miserable they spend money to cheer themselves up.  Smiley Very Happy

As for elections, people who are careful with their money normally are still going to be careful with their money if there's an election coming up, and people who spend everything they earn, plus what they don't earn, aren't going to stop doing so just because there's going to be an election.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, you're right! I forgot not everyone is like me and despises shopping. I forgot about "retail therapy". Face palm ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply