My listing and photos are being used by another seller

I listed my item on Gumtree and then went to place it here also on Ebay (on a different ID than this one).  I happen to do a search before hand and found that another seller in Qld had copied my exact listing word for word and used my photos from my gumtree ad. I ended up putting up my own listing anyway on Ebay and then contacted Ebay customer service immediately to let them know what had happened. That was Monday and I have been calling them everyday to try and get this other sellers listing pulled down, but I just can't seem to get anywhere with Ebay customer service. I keep getting told the matter has been escalated to the specialized department to take appropriate action on the listing and they can't give me a timeframe. They advised me not to contact the other seller direct, but I'm getting pretty frustrated and thinking of contacting them through ebay messages.  I haven't to date as I wanted to go through the correct procedures and was mindful my name and contact number was listed on Gumtree for the ad and other ads I have.   I would appreciate any advice? And what others have done in the past when this has happened to them. thanks.

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: My listing and photos are being used by another seller

@rkwm888 wrote:

i hope you have 2 of the same item because its supposed to be against the rules to have an item listed at  2 different auction sites

It is against eBays policies, but so are many other things that eBay does that seek to restrict trade.

Given eBay does not bother to check the goods that are on its own site with any rigour, I doubt that  eBay would ever bother to look at other venues, ... 

Spoiler

.. unless of course it was to poach ideas and systems .... that we all know too well that eBay is simply unable to competently implement anyway IMO Cat LOL

Message 11 of 31
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

@rkwm888 wrote:

i hope you have 2 of the same item because its supposed to be against the rules to have an item listed at  2 different auction sites

It is against eBays policies, but so are many other things that eBay does that seek to restrict trade.

Given eBay does not bother to check the goods that are on its own site with any rigour, I doubt that  eBay would ever bother to look at other venues, ... 

I think you may find that it's no longer against policy to list elsewhere cats, if I remember correctly it was digi or cq (or maybe kopes) that pionted it out to me a week or so ago.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 31
Latest reply

if the OP has only 1 item i suppose the chances of it being sold on the same day is slim

i find Gumtree as slow as QS but thats only my opinion

Message 13 of 31
Latest reply

if its not against policy and you do happen to get bids on the same day who misses out,very unlikely but anything is possible
Message 14 of 31
Latest reply

@rkwm888 wrote:
if its not against policy and you do happen to get bids on the same day who misses out,very unlikely but anything is possible

Also a very good way to get a neg and have DSR's trashed if it's the eBay buyer that misses out on the listing, whether it's against policy or not (and I'm not 100% certain on that...........)

Message 15 of 31
Latest reply

I've found the relevant post, and it was kopes that pointed it out to me........

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling-on-eBay/can-you-revise-your-listing-to-say-you-have-the-item...

Message 16 of 31
Latest reply

@padi.0409.0409 wrote:

I think you may find that it's no longer against policy to list elsewhere cats, if I remember correctly it was digi or cq (or maybe kopes) that pionted it out to me a week or so ago.

OMG OMG .... really .... is it just a board furphy that I have fallen for ???  That would be fantastic news for me Cat Very Happy

The link posted above is to Q&A that provides no substance ...

Can DG or CQ please post to make my day (in the nicest way of course)

Message 17 of 31
Latest reply

cats, it seemed from kopes's post that he knew where the original policy was, and found that it was no longer there or elsewhere that he looked.

Maybe it's hidden somewhere else now - who knows with eBay's convoluted policies and "improvements" nowadays...........hmmmm.....

Message 18 of 31
Latest reply

having a poke around in the site map, and can't find any thing that prohibits me from listing unique items that I have for sale anywhere else as the same time as eBay,  thought it used to be in the circumventing eBay fees policy, but I could be wrong ....

.... after an extended happy hour I am not at my sharpest this evening and the site map is going from bad to worse with all these new policies  ...

is it gone ??  really gone ?? can I list unique items on facebook without fear, the same as I do with other goods I have multiples of ??

Message 19 of 31
Latest reply

By the way all, I'm not sure how gc's post from 2012 got into that link, but if you click on "view entire topic" the relevant posts come up. (friday gremlins perhaps..................)

Happy hour??? Guess it must be time for me to crank up here in Perth cats LOL.

Message 20 of 31
Latest reply