My sales are very slow (2), opinions on the situation? (:

aussie4u
Community Member

I know there's no guarantee of the time it can take to gain sales, etc.

I was wondering weather or not, this is just to do with luck, waiting, or any other factors.

Thanks for any feedback (:

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

You have very few products,  and not of really any interest to anyone.

You have to consider what you are offering, pricing

I just looked at you folding thermometer, another seller has it 6 dollars cheaper.   Now who do you think I would buy from

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

I am instantly put off by your listings because they scream drop shipped from China

The 'Aussie stock'  Kangaroo, tacky photos, keyword spamming and price like $34.96

Nope nope nope

And, as mentioned, very over priced 

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Try to avoid selling in highly competitive categories until you can handle the volume of sales needed to make a profit. 

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

For a start, get rid of the watermarks on your photos. They are tacky, and as already mentioned, scream Chinese drop shipper, which many buyers avoid. Take your own photos of the items. People don't want to see photos poached from Chinese sellers, which yours are.

I would increase your handling time to save yourself. Minimum 3 days. Having a 1 day handling time serves no purpose and only increases your chances of defects and negative feedback. Increasing your handing time fattens out the ETA. Trust me, if the ETA says the item was due today and it doesn't arrive today, people will gladly neg you.

I'm also wondering why you are basically giving items away? Your window track cleaner is $6.99 with free postage. Do you realise that to post that item is going to be around $10.50? By the time you pay the ebay fees and the postage, you're going to be well into the red. What is the point?

You have also mentioned regarding refunds, that they are only for damaged or faulty goods, and that buyer must pay return postage. Ummmmm, no. For damaged or faulty goods, if you want the item back, YOU pay for return postage. Buyers only pay for return postage if they have a change of mind and you accept returns for that reason. If you don't comply with paying the return postage, ebay will force it, or they will just fully refund the buyer without them having to return the item. You have returns accepted in your listing, that is to cover change of mind returns, not damaged or faulty items. If I saw that spiel in your listing, about the faulty items, I'd run a mile. 

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

We are coming up to World War III - i expect sales will get even worse....

In the meantime i think people have gone over to platforms like FB marketplace where things are way way cheaper.  When people penny pinch then platforms like that see a massive uptick, but when people have money then platforms like ebay perform better - for example your raspberry pi can be bought on FB for $20-30

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

I don't think the weather has anything to do with it.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

I thought the same to be honest 

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

@love_of_cars wrote:

I don't think the weather has anything to do with it.

I actually do,   I find my sales go up when it's raining on weekends, people don't go out, so spend up big on Ebay.

I often wondered why I would get a pickup from one capital city but not others,  but than the nightly weather report sorted that mystery out.   I now go and do a rain dance daily.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

I thought the same to be honest 

It's raining here right now - my sales will soar. LOL

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply