MyPost makes tracking parcels easier

I thought I would post about MyPost as it may be useful for some people here. When you sign up for MyPost https://auspost.com.au/mypost you get a card if you give the card to the PO worker when you lodge your parcels, you can then track them at https://auspost.com.au/mypost and you will see all the parcels you have lodge, there status, the full delivery address and an estimated delivery day (not 100% accurate) 

It make tracking parcels a lot easier and worth a look for anyone not using it and it is 100% free

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I saw that.  The animated website is interesting.  No wonder AP is going down financially when they spent so much on such a silly site.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Note that if you want to sign up for a MyPost concession account, you cannot sign up online or convert an existing MyPost account to a concession one. You still have to do that the old way, fill out a paper form at the post office (or print out the PDF... what is it with the government and PDFs?), post it and then wait a week or more for the card and/or concession stamps to finally be mailed out.

When I attempted this at the Eastland post office, they also said that a mobile phone and email address were absolutely required, and I couldn't sign up without both. In the PDF available online, there are options labelled "I do not have a mobile number" and/or "email address". Maybe they have finally noticed that a good number of pensioners do not have smartphones, tablets or PCs, or maybe the staff member misread the form (they screwed it up and put it in the bin when I said I didn't have a mobile phone).

Has anyone been able to sign up to a MyPost concession account without requiring a mobile phone? To me it sounds as strange as requiring a car in order to buy a train ticket!
Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Yes, I thought the homepage looked like Windows 8 had gorged on Skittles and vomited too. The rest of the site looks much more professional.
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

@heihachi_73 wrote:
Note that if you want to sign up for a MyPost concession account, you cannot sign up online or convert an existing MyPost account to a concession one. You still have to do that the old way, fill out a paper form at the post office (or print out the PDF... what is it with the government and PDFs?), post it and then wait a week or more for the card and/or concession stamps to finally be mailed out.

When I attempted this at the Eastland post office, they also said that a mobile phone and email address were absolutely required, and I couldn't sign up without both. In the PDF available online, there are options labelled "I do not have a mobile number" and/or "email address". Maybe they have finally noticed that a good number of pensioners do not have smartphones, tablets or PCs, or maybe the staff member misread the form (they screwed it up and put it in the bin when I said I didn't have a mobile phone).

Has anyone been able to sign up to aMyPost concession account without requiring a mobile phone? To me it sounds as strange as requiring a car in order to buy a train ticket!

I actually initally got my mypost because I was entitled to concensions. sorry I can not remember if I gave my mobile# and email more than likely would of if asked the nice man who told me about it did all the work 🙂

If you do not have a mobile there is several ways around it buy a cheap pre paid (I have seen some as low as $15), give a friends/family members #(with their permission of course) or simply make a # up they want check it 

Email just sign up for an hotmail account

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

I 100% agree the homepage sucks why companies like this use flash design is beyond me.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

From a working buyers perspective, it's also a very safe way to have parcels delivered. You can have all your parcels sent straight to the PO instead of being left unattended at your front door all day until you get home. They send an email or sms when your parcel is ready for collection. If you have the AP app, you are notified through that too.

One of the advantages of the PO delivery is, it doesn't have to be your closest one. It can be any PO that participates, including agencies. That means you can have it delivered to the one closest to your work if that's more convenient than the one closest to home.

You can find out which PO's and agencies participate when you add the delivery addresses into MyPost. I discovered that I have 3 agencies in my area that I didn't even know existed! My LPO is closest and more convenient for me though.

I'm just wondering how long it takes for the card to arrive. I applied for it online a few weeks ago and still haven't seen it yet. Might chase it up with my PO and see if they can find out where it is.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

From a working buyers perspective, it's also a very safe way to have parcels delivered. You can have all your parcels sent straight to the PO instead of being left unattended at your front door all day until you get home. They send an email or sms when your parcel is ready for collection. If you have the AP app, you are notified through that too.

One of the advantages of the PO delivery is, it doesn't have to be your closest one. It can be any PO that participates, including agencies. That means you can have it delivered to the one closest to your work if that's more convenient than the one closest to home.

You can find out which PO's and agencies participate when you add the delivery addresses into MyPost. I discovered that I have 3 agencies in my area that I didn't even know existed! My LPO is closest and more convenient for me though.

I'm just wondering how long it takes for the card to arrive. I applied for it online a few weeks ago and still haven't seen it yet. Might chase it up with my PO and see if they can find out where it is.

Good point Tippy I use mine for my return address as well 

I think my card took about 2 weeks to arrive may of been even quicker but was not longer than that I am pretty sure.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

I have one of these cards.... I keep forgetting to have it scanned though Smiley Embarassed

I mostly got it because AP's paper receipts are terrible (I'd be surprised if one lasted the 7 years required by the ATO, as even after a couple of weeks just sitting around in normal conditions, the paper often discolours and the print fades >_< ), but if the card is scanned at point of purchase you get a digital receipt, which is handy if you pay in cash a lot of the time (which I do). 

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

I have one of these cards.... I keep forgetting to have it scanned though Smiley Embarassed

I mostly got it because AP's paper receipts are terrible (I'd be surprised if one lasted the 7 years required by the ATO, as even after a couple of weeks just sitting around in normal conditions, the paper often discolours and the print fades >_< ), but if the card is scanned at point of purchase you get a digital receipt, which is handy if you pay in cash a lot of the time (which I do). 

Very good points Digi but only valid if you do scan your card Smiley Tongue took me a while, to remember to use it, but I find now it has become habit and I am getting my card out as I go through the POs doors 

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply