Mypost Business - Satchel Postage Pricing

Hello,

I recently signed up to Mypost Business. 

The person at the post office saw me using alot the Aust Post Pre-paid satchel (in particular for items above 500g that will cost extra if use my own package), and recommended me to sign up Mypost Business.

From what I've been told, the price will be the same, up to 5kg, as long as it fits in the satchel sizes. 

Just want to know do I need to purchase the Aust Post Branded Satchel (without postage) to qualify for this? 

(Small size is 25cents per satchel) 

Or can I use those non-branded plain white mailing satchel  (same size as the Aust Post branded one) and still qualify for the under 5kg flat rate offer? 

Thanks! 

Thanks, 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You can use either. However, if over 500g, own packaging (which non-AP packaging is) will attract different fees. You are better off using AP products. THOSE are good for 5kg. The AP branded satchel (15c in 100s) will contribute to your turnover if bought in store.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for clarifying and the advice to purchase in 100s for the discount. 

Under the AP branded products, is there any difference with using the "Mypost Satchel" and "eBay Satchel"? 

Price and size seems identical. 

The only difference is with or without the eBay logo on the package. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I have a MyPost Bus account and I use my own plain white satchels. I use a medium size and the cost works out around 10c per satchel. 

I keep the QR code on my phone and always take my items in to be weighed properly. When the shipping label is printed the displayed cost of the label is still $9.30 (for example), but the actual price on the receipt will reflect the discount Band you are on. At the moment I am on Band 5 which is quite a high level, so for most of my domestic postage, I get about $1.86 off the price, but if the item is posted locally within my metro area, the discount can be as much as $3.72. For international postage, it's around $6-9 discount depending on destination.

In general my parcels are between 200g-1kg, so I think at that weight range I get quite a good deal. I don't have much experience with packages over 1kg, but those might be more cost effective to use a pre-paid satchel. 

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Good on you getting band 5, I am just starting to change from volume shipping to cost based to try and keep band 4. Although in reality I would rather be on band 1 and just post 1 item a day as my neighbours must hate the sound of a tape gun by now.

Do you use your own satchel for over 500 gram items or just as "my own packaging".

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

The only difference is with or without the eBay logo on the package.

Correct.

If labels are purchased through AP, either satchel can be used.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply