NEED HELP WITH A BUYER PLEASE

I'm just an occasional seller so don't know what to do with a buyer. This buyer bought an item from me (buy it now with Express Post up to 500g)on lst December. The next day I received an offer from this buyer on another item I've listed but also a separate email from her enquiring if I could send both these items in an ordinary Austrlia Post satchel at 8.50. I emailed her back explaining that the combined weight of both of these items was over 500g and that I would have to post these items in a up to 3kg satchel and that I would only post Express Post as it is safer, I get proof of posting and tracking for both her and I. All my listings are Express Post and really not negotiable with me. In my email I said to her that I would wait to hear from her before I accepted the offer on the 2nd item (ie if she was happy to still pay for Express Post up to 3kg). That was 2 days ago and I've heard nothing. Also in my listings I state that payment is to be made within 3 days which has now expired for the first item she bought. What do I do?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: NEED HELP WITH A BUYER PLEASE

Thanks for your help here. I'll wait till tomorrow and see if she contacts me. If not I'll open an unpaid item case. RE ebay postage labels, I'm assuming that I would need a printer at my home here which I don't have that's why I prefer doing it through Express Post (plus it is much quicker to deliver).

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

There's nothing you can do until day 4. If the buyer hasn't contacted you or hasn't paid you can open an Unpaid Item case, wait another 4 days (4 x 24 hours) then close the case and eBay will credit your FVFs. Then you can relist.

By the way, Express Post is no safer than Regular Post. Have a look at using eBay Postage Labels and you may be able to save some money on postage.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/pay/printing-labels.html

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

You can wait four days from sold date and open a non paying dispute, close it four days later, and in the mean time put them on your bbl, or you can wait, up to you really.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for your help here. I'll wait till tomorrow and see if she contacts me. If not I'll open an unpaid item case. RE ebay postage labels, I'm assuming that I would need a printer at my home here which I don't have that's why I prefer doing it through Express Post (plus it is much quicker to deliver).
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Express post is no safer than regular post, the safest and cheapest way to post is using the ebay printed labels either with your own packaging or in the ebay branded satchels.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I get quite cross with sellers who insist on using Express Post. 

Not only is it more expensive (which of course the buyer pays for!) but ther are thousands of us in Australia who are outside the express post zone.  Spare them a thought.

Buy a printer  for goodness sake. They are a dime a dozen these days. Your buyers will thank you for using eBay postage.  It has tracking and is extremely safe even for those of us who do not live in a city. 

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I prefer doing it through Express Post (plus it is much quicker to deliver).

As apricot-e posted, it isn't quicker if the sender or recipient lives outside the express post guarantee delivery area.

I live in a town, which is outside this area. I would be cranky if a seller insisted a item I bought from them had to be sent by Express Post. I live 2 hours south of Sydney, if I post a parcel to someone in Sydney it gets there next day regular post.. waste of money sending it Express.

To remain competitive with other sellers cost wise on postage, you need to be able to buy postage labels online and print them at home.

Buyers also are pretty savvy with postage costs... they will buy from the seller with the lower cost for same weight.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

am*3 a lot of that isnt true. Whilst Express Post is not guaranteed next day to many areas it still arrives much quikcer to many areas. For example I frequently sent stuff to Kalgoorlie. By Road from Brisbane this would be one week plus. Express makes it in two days. Express will go by air as far as possible so yes in some cases it is no quicker to regional areas but in an awful lot it is it just doesnt carry a next business day guarantee.
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply