NEVER SELLING ON EBAY AGAIN

I will never sell on ebay again. How dare you take 1/3 of my money. I was sucked in with your free fee for selling to only find out you took 1/3 of the seeling price. NEVER AGAIN WILL I SELL ON EBAY. Not only that using Paypal costs me money, my $600 camera that sold for $400 is now only worth $325, that rubbish!

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

It is NOT free to sell on ebay

All the costs are there for you too read BEFORE you chose to sell here by doing the research.

It can be misinterpreted with the free to list BUT you told of the % fees IF the item sells

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Nobody here offered you anything for free and nobody here took your money

How dare you come here and falsely accuse volunteer members who are buyers and sellers like yourself of doing so

We have nothing to do with what ebay charges, or that you choose not to read how ebay works in all the time you have been a member

By the way, ebay staff never even read here, let alone do they care if you use ebay or not

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

If eBay had taken a third, you would have received $267 after selling at $400.  Why would you think that eBay would provide a free service to you? This would be totally illogical for anyone in business to be doing it for nothing.  If you use any service then you have to pay.  You have obviously misunderstood, or didn't read or understand the conditions, for which you can hardly blame eBay.  At the end of the day it is your choice whether to use a service or not. There is no such thing as a "free Lunch", this is a very common and true saying. As for Paypal, their fees are quite low, once again providing a service for which there is a fee. Ebay is still the best way to sell items in Australia, others do not have as many customers or get the same exposure. 

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

@iksacraft wrote:

I will never sell on ebay again. How dare you take 1/3 of my money. I was sucked in with your free fee for selling to only find out you took 1/3 of the seeling price. NEVER AGAIN WILL I SELL ON EBAY. Not only that using Paypal costs me money, my $600 camera that sold for $400 is now only worth $325, that rubbish!

In the end ANYTHING is only worth what people are willing to pay for it not matter what you think it is worth.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Extremely well put sparklz.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

I think english is not your first language so you have misunderstood.

eBay say free to list an item but if it sells then you pay the sell fee.

Not fair to blame eBay on a public forum for your error.

You need to read the info on selling in site map on the bottom of the page.

image host
Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Second hand items are usually only worth half the original purchase cost, you got a little more than that, so you are probably lucky.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

You spelt the brand Canon wrong in the item title. You where lucky to get any bids for your camera. As can be seen on the box in your photo. Canon is spelt with one "N" in the middle. You spelt it as Ca "NN' on.  You cant blame ebay if you title the item incorrectly so that it does not show in most peoples searches.

That important little nugget aside. The camera is available new on ebay for $689.00. You received $400 for a used item. Considering your typo, that is a pretty good result. And yes you paid a fee for the services you used, but none of us work for free do we ?.

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Summary:

1)  Seller lists used item for half of new retail price.

2)  Item sells at 2/3 of new retail price.

3)  Seller furious that item didn't sell for full new retail price.

4)  Seller even more furious at having to pay Final Value Fee, and falsely claims it to be 1/3 of the selling price.

At some point, perhaps seller will explain how they came to the conclusion that the Final Value Fee on a $400 item is $75.

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply