NEW SCAM ALERT TO eBay SELLERS

I sold a LEGO back to early Nov. The scammer claimed that Lego Box arrived with a little damage so requested return. 

I asked him to open a return request through ebay for refund which he did. 

Here comes to the new trick:

He closed the return request right after I uploaded the prepaid shipping label and directly lodged a chargeback through his card company. 

I contacted with eBay for seller support but they just wasted my time by saying some completely BS even with their so called dedicated team.

I sent the buyer 3 messages that were ingonred completely since 15th of Nov

Now I received a message from ebay telling me I owe them $120 plus $22 dispute fee for this transaction so I lost both money and item. Thinking to report this to police later today for online scam.

Shame on eBay and their seller protection program, I am paying over $4k for sellng fees but wont get covered when I am seeking for ANY help from them!

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Did you reply to the chargeback?

Unless I am mistaken c/c chargebacks are not handled by eBay.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Would be MP, tuck.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you dave.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Geezus, that's real *bleep*.  eBay have really left the door open for buyers to *bleep* sellers around in multiple ways.  Getting worse and worse.

*BLEEP*!

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

No waccas,

just dont make ebay ur primary income.

Like just 10% of it.

Even via ebay returns system,

u r at risk of an early review

being pushed through in

buyers favour before u receive

the item back.

Not much u can do.

I got lucky this time and

the item did genuinely

get returned, in perfect

condition, I still got a neg tho.

Ebay auto refunded.before

I received the item.

Thats our life here.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

can you get out of ebay how the credit card payment was made???   As you may have a backdoor via pay pal IF they handed the credit credit payment.    Just a thought...   eg credit card payment via pal pay via MP....    or was it a credit card payment straight via MP.   I would be trying to get out of ebay if a third party processing company was used or not.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply