Nasty Unfair Buyer

I sold an item, I stipulated very clearly the terms of pickup, the person failed to show when she made appointment, sends abrupt message telling me (not asking) that she wants pick up outside time frame, when I said no that isn't suitable & that I am happy to cancel the transaction, to which she agreed, she then chooses to leave nasty feedback I'm over it, sellers have no protection at all, this person has not really bought anything off me but has the right to destroy my feedback

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Nasty Unfair Buyer

I find you need to be very flexible if you want to list pick up items and more so if you mistakenly offer COD.

All the buyer needed to do was choose that as the payment method and you would have had to Deliver it to them and collect the money.

If the buyer is being totally unreasonable then you don't offer mutual cancellation, you open an unpaid item dispute then the buyer either has to pay or they get an unpaid item strike and neither side can leave any feedback.

If they agreed to mutually cancel then you can try calling ebay and saying you don't think the neg is fair as they agreed to cancel.

By the tone of your listing and your OP was the buyer perhaps on the mark about you being anything other than polite?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

Nasty Unfair Buyer

Gawd you could not have been any clearer about pick up arrangements and I would not blame you for getting angry.

As stated if they have agreed to a mutual cancellation that was sent by the resolve a problem link then call ebay and they will remove the feedback as they have agreed to cancel.

Or open the non payer dispute if the agreement was not sent as stated up there.

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

Nasty Unfair Buyer

This is one of, if not the main benefit of Unpaid Item Dispute vs. Mutual Cancellation. With the former, the buyer can't leave a negative feedback once the case is closed. The buyer may receive a strike against their name once the dispute is closed but it protects the seller.

Opening an unpaid item dispute is obviously not the first thing that comes to mind when trying to help the non-payer out and just mututally end the transaction but obviously it's the best way for you as a seller to avoid the feedback ambush.

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

Nasty Unfair Buyer

Unable to do unpaid she paid PayPal & I refunded
Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Nasty Unfair Buyer

She had paid PayPal I refunded her
Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

Nasty Unfair Buyer

You should just have kept the money then and told them after the 7 day limit you would start to charge storage fees until the payment was used up and then you would consider it abandoned.

If it was a pick up item they had no buyer protection.

Bet they would soon have been more accommodating about a time to collect!

If you are going to get a neg there is no need to be out of pocket too ๐Ÿ˜‰

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

Nasty Unfair Buyer

healthwise2011
Community Member

Understand your position and how you feel - you always manage to get one nasty for every 50 or so luvlies... Easiest thing to do is contact ebay customer service direct - via the phone - and have this negative feedback removed.  Tell them the story, get them to view your messages to and from this seller (it is important all correspondence, where possible, goes through ebay messages for this or alternately provide copies of direct email correspondence for them to review), explain you don't want to have your immaculate feedback rating and seller reputation blackened by one rude buyer and you should be aok. 

Just remember, always try to be flexible and considerate with all your customers, document all correspondence via ebay and you'll be fine.

Hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚  healthwise2011

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Nasty Unfair Buyer

Thanks people for words of wisdom I do appreciate you taking the time to answer, i just get a bit over people not collecting their stuff. I hav had 2 this last week, they say a day and time they cant be bothered even texting to say they cant make it, then get angry when i won't keep on making times to collect i suspect by weeks end the other one will neg me it was the same deal, they paid pay pal i refunded and cancelled the sale, made two appointments to pick up failed to arrive both times with no explanation, text or phone call, i suppose ive just struck two horrors in 1 week.Jackie
Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

Nasty Unfair Buyer

I have no idea why you would refund their paypal payment. You have the payment, and the item, and the onus is then completely on them to conform to your pick up requirements. When they ask for a time outside your requirements, a simple and courteous reminder that pick ups are available after 2pm and before 5pm on a Saturday or whatever is all that's required ! I'd be peeved if you refunded my money if that's how I wanted to pay .. and if they hadn't picked up within a week or so (again whatever you consider fair) I'd send one last message advising them that you'd have to put the item outside as you didn't have the space for it inside, and you did ask for it to be collected within 7 days.

You are holding all the cards, it's pretty simple to get it to happen the way you want. Just be nice, but firm, and put all of the effort back on them, and stop letting them run your life.

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply