Need Help with Check out and Pick Up

Just after a bit of help.

I offer post and pick up on my items, but my buyers are advising that there is no option for pick up during check out. I have checked my settings and can't find anything relating to pick up during checkout.

Pick up shows in the Postage section on the listing so not sure why it doesn't show during check out.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in  advance.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

you need to send them a revised invoice showing $00.00 as postage and ask for cash on pick-up

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Ah ok thanks.

I never had to do this before which is why I'm puzzled. Buyers would just select pay on pick up but apparently it's not showing.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I just revised a couple of mine. In payment methods there is cash on pick up option. If you dont check that buyers are being pushed into another payment method before they can complete checkout and it is not sold until they do so. ie Ebay has been defaulting BIN items to immediate payment required. That is skipping the send invoice step altogether. So without the above method selected they are pushed into paying by another method before item is classed as sold. Hence seeing a lot of paypal for pick ups

I got tricked by this, buyer clicked buy now, didn't proceed to payment, messaged me for pickup details, which I sent, but as they hadn't "completed" checkout, and I didn't check first, I got a slap for sending contact details prior to transaction completed..So be careful.

Just checked one of your listing..Its the payment details section that needs revisting rather than postage methods. You only have paypal and bank deposit showing

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

When you send an adjusted invoice, send a message to the buyer telling them to ignore the invoice and pay cash when they pick up.

Just so they don't think you want them to PayPal you.

And DO NOT click recalculate after putting 0.00 in postage, just send.

After they pick up mark it as paid and mark it as sent.

image host
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@justkidzbiz wrote:

Ah ok thanks.

I never had to do this before which is why I'm puzzled. Buyers would just select pay on pick up but apparently it's not showing.

This is the clue that something has changed, and I believe it is the "commit to buy" step that has been removed on the quiet. It is also causing issues with buyers who want to combine and have not used the cart. They are forced to pay before seller is advised of item sold. This prevents revising of invoices, including combining, before payment.

You may also lose sales as pick up buyers dont want to pay up front, so they click "buy now", dont want to pay now, see no other option if you have not added "cash on pick up" to payment method, as well as postage method, and so back out, as item is not "commited to buy". You wont even know about it. Previously once commited you were clear to exchange contact details, now you are not if they ask. BEWARE IT IS A VIOLATION if you do. Your item must be clearly marked as sold, buyer may think it is when they contact you.

It is an ill thought through Ebay stuff up

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Ah, thanks for that. Just did a bulk edit so hopefully all good now. Thank you 🙂 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply