Need Help with Suspicious Buyers

Two weeks ago, I started selling on eBay. I have sold before but I was getting a lot more sales this time, so far, I have made 65 sales and they all seemed pretty normal, however since a few days ago some people have not been responding to my messages that I send right as the sale is made. I require a response from the buyer before I can mark their product as shipped but in the past 4 days, I have had 3 people buy 3 different products from me and not respond to any of my messages.

There is no identifiable pattern to the accounts either, one has some feedback, no negative, and has also been a member for over a year, the second account has much more feedback (all positive) and has been a member for more than 4 years, and the final person just purchased from me and once again did not respond to any of my questions but this time they has a freshly created account but they all have a PayPal with a verified address. This is all just too suspicious too me and I'm not sure what to do. The only way I think this could be a scammer is if someone hacked all 3 accounts, and the only motive I could think of is to refund the payment after some time or after I have spent it because they haven’t given me any negative feedback. 

If anyone knows what this might be feel free to respond, any help is appreciated. 
Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@mrdinglefarrt wrote:

Two weeks ago, I started selling on eBay. I have sold before but I was getting a lot more sales this time, so far, I have made 65 sales and they all seemed pretty normal, however since a few days ago some people have not been responding to my messages that I send right as the sale is made. I require a response from the buyer before I can mark their product as shipped but in the past 4 days, I have had 3 people buy 3 different products from me and not respond to any of my messages.

I wouldn't repsond either - once I've paid for an item the next step is for the seller to post that item, not message me asking for a reply before they send what I've paid for.

You should consider removing that step from your selling process - it'll eventually earn you some negative feedback.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I know nothing about the items you are selling but your listings do seem unnecessarily complicated.

Maybe your buyers just want to purchase their items without all the interaction with you.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

@mrdinglefarrt wrote:

I wouldn't repsond either - once I've paid for an item the next step is for the seller to post that item, not message me asking for a reply before they send what I've paid for.

You should consider removing that step from your selling process - it'll eventually earn you some negative feedback.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I can see you're selling digital codes, so presume that you're requiring a response from the buyer related to that - maybe to get the right email address to send them to (considering some people use addresses that they don't actully access).

If the message and reqsponse is absolutely required before issue of the codes, then I can understand your concern - if it's not, and you're just seeking confirmation they were received and / or work ok, you will always get some people who won't answer. It doesn't mean they're scammers (the first things doesn't either), pretty much just means they're human. 

If the latter, hopefully one day eBay will catch up with the digital age, now that they allow some of them, and implement a system (like other sites have) where digital goods are uploaded to the site and therefore there's a record of the buyer downloading / receiving the goods. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply