Need help understanding free listings with an eBay store

Hi all! I've been considering upgrading to a basic eBay store for some time now, so I can increase my maximum monthly free listings from only 40 a month to something larger. I have a lot of stock and I can't list it as quickly as I'd like.

I had been thinking about it for a while, but now that I look closer at the Ts & Cs, it isn't made clear at all how many free listings someone with an eBay store will receive every month.

While its made very clear for sellers without stores will receive "40 free auction-style or fixed price listings each month" (https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4364), the corresponding sentence about the Basic store package reads: "Up to 600 fixed price listings or auction-style listings in the Collectables category". (https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-fees?id=4122).

I've never listed in the collectables category in my life, and the only free listings that are mentioned in eBay's store packages are for the collectables category. But it would seem pretty unusual for eBay to try and entice people to upgrade by ONLY offering free listings in a handful of categories, so I feel like I must be missing something, but I can't find another eBay page that makes it any clearer.

Can anyone shed any light on how many free listings a Basic Store seller will receive regardless of being listed in Collectables, or at least in a Media category (which is what I want to sell)? Best regards!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The Stores free listing entitlement includes fixed price listings in most categories (see our category pricing list (PDF) - opens in new window or tab for details of exclusions), and auction-style listings within the Collectables category.
So that means auctions for Collectables category only.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

As you read it, 600 fixed priced. (Not auctions, except certain categories)

You don't seem to list auctions so you get 600 as BIN or fixed price as they are known.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Also, for media any listings over 600 will incur a 6c listing fee.

BINs, as you are probably aware, incur a fee or use one of your free listings every month when they roll over, so if you sell after a listing has rolled over for the month, the freebie has already been used. I would look at listing less than 600, depending on your sellthrough rate.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

The Stores free listing entitlement includes fixed price listings in most categories (see our category pricing list (PDF) - opens in new window or tab for details of exclusions), and auction-style listings within the Collectables category.
So that means auctions for Collectables category only.
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply