Need to cancel an unpaid item

antca_2354
Community Member

I mistakenly reported that an item someone purchased from me was unpaid -- he paid, I just haven't been able to get eBay to transfer it to my Paypal account. I don't want the person dinged for that. 

How do I get rid of it and make sure he isn't held accountable. 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If you're a new seller then you will need to wait 21 days to receive the funds.

It should show up as pending in your PayPal 

If nothing is showing then the buyer hasn't actually paid unless it's an echeque which can take upto 7 days to clear.

For the unpaid case to close ebay would need proof that the buyer did actually pay then it will automatically close.

So you may want to check all of the above and see where you're at.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

You are registered in US.  Have you asked on their boards.  Sometimes things do differ from country to country

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

@antca_2354 wrote:

I mistakenly reported that an item someone purchased from me was unpaid -- he paid, I just haven't been able to get eBay to transfer it to my Paypal account. I don't want the person dinged for that. 

How do I get rid of it and make sure he isn't held accountable. 

This sounds not quite right.

If someone pays for an item on eBay, you can't actually open an unpaid item case, and if they pay after a case was opened, the case automatically closes (this should be true regardless of whether there are holds on your funds).

You can manually close a case, but if you do come back and this situation is not otherwise resolved, can you just clarify what the difficulty transferring the funds to your account actually is? 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply