Negative Feedback for buyers

How do I leave negative feedback for a buyer who does not answer emails and does not pay? I have tried as a seller to leave negative feedback but the only button that comes up is positive. I don't think this is fair because buyers can leave negative feedback for sellers. Anyone else have trouble with buyers not answering emails or paying? Or am I alone? Please.... Smiley Frustrated Thanks for your help Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@2012goddess2 wrote:

How do I leave negative feedback for a buyer who does not answer emails and does not pay? I have tried as a seller to leave negative feedback but the only button that comes up is positive. I don't think this is fair because buyers can leave negative feedback for sellers. Anyone else have trouble with buyers not answering emails or paying? Or am I alone? Please.... Smiley Frustrated Thanks for your help Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

Sellers haven't been able to leave negative feedback for buyers for a few years now.

As to your non paying buyers, you should start contacting ebay and starting an Unpaid Item  dispute so that at least those buyers get issued with a strike by ebay, enough strikes and it's bye bye.

Here's a link explaining how to do so: http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/sr?search=1&query=1736&popularTool=true&st=0&popularToolName=Open%20a...

If you just sit back and don't do anything about it then buyers will continue to get away with it.

photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Six or seven years ago sellers could leave negs for buyers.

Likely outcome was the buyer left a neg in retaliation, they then blackmailed the silly buyers who thiught feedback as a buyer mattered or those who used the same id to buy and sell into a mutual withdrawal. Some really lousy sellers had great feedback by doing that and the rest of us had to compete against them.

Now if you go through the unpaid item process to completion neither side can leave feedback as ebay say it is no longer a transaction. Sellers have the ability to block members with more than one strike.

I much prefer the new system.

See what a trendsetter I am?

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I am feeling grumpy now because I have to tell you I am tired of this question - even the most cursory examination of these boards or the ebay policies would have told you that sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers - but over and over, people post the same message

yes it seems unfair, yes it grates, but that's the rule.     Follow the non-paying buyer process, give the non-payer a strike - trust me it works in the end - read the ebay rules and move on.   Smiley Mad

@2012goddess2 wrote:

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@2012goddess2 wrote:

Sellers haven't been able to leave negative feedback for buyers for a few years now.

As to your non paying buyers, you should start contacting ebay and starting an Unpaid Item  dispute so that at least those buyers get issued with a strike by ebay, enough strikes and it's bye bye.

Here's a link explaining how to do so: http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs/sr?search=1&query=1736&popularTool=true&st=0&popularToolName=Open%20a...

If you just sit back and don't do anything about it then buyers will continue to get away with it.

photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Six or seven years ago sellers could leave negs for buyers.

Likely outcome was the buyer left a neg in retaliation, they then blackmailed the silly buyers who thiught feedback as a buyer mattered or those who used the same id to buy and sell into a mutual withdrawal. Some really lousy sellers had great feedback by doing that and the rest of us had to compete against them.

Now if you go through the unpaid item process to completion neither side can leave feedback as ebay say it is no longer a transaction. Sellers have the ability to block members with more than one strike.

I much prefer the new system.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I am feeling grumpy now because I have to tell you I am tired of this question - even the most cursory examination of these boards or the ebay policies would have told you that sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers - but over and over, people post the same message

yes it seems unfair, yes it grates, but that's the rule.     Follow the non-paying buyer process, give the non-payer a strike - trust me it works in the end - read the ebay rules and move on.   Smiley Mad

@2012goddess2 wrote:

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks very much Smiley Wink yes! I have done that in the past and also blocked a buyer from bidding on my listings. I will see if this next buyer pays and if not, start an unpaid item dispute like you suggested. Thanks again, I thought I was pretty new and didnt realise that ebay blocked sellers from posting negative feedback on buyers. I note other sellers have clicked on the positive feedback for this buyer and just posted a negative comment - but this seller has a 100% feedback rating because of that....Smiley Surprised so thanks again, will follow your advice. Heart

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

That's why in a lot of respects it's pointless leaving a negative comment for buyers, because they still get the green dot against their name. If the buyer requests that negative comment to be removed, eBay will usually remove it, but they get to keep the green dot!

That said, leaving a negative comment does alert other sellers if they can be bothered trawling through all their feedback, but if all those sellers had opened and closed an unpaid case and then had blocks in place, the buyers would be restricted on who they can buy from. It's also against the rules to leave a false positive.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

If you can't leave negative feedback then it makes no sense being able to leave feedback called 'Positive', The Positive word (as in with feedback about sellers) does imply that there is an option for an alternative view. it should simply be called feedback and not register as either positive or negative. to say the feedback is positive, when clearly it isn't, is deceptive. maybe all seller feedback about buyers should simply be 'Feedback'?

i trusted a buyers based on their 100% positive feedback, i would have looked much closer at the details of that feedback (overwhelmingly negative) if i wasn't given the impression of really a good buyer by the 100% Positive rating. so in my opinion the word positive is unhelpful and can decieve sellers.

I will follow the process but in the mean time my time is wasted and i haven't got the best price for my item - and - ebay seems to be deaf to the frustration this can cause.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

That site will have the lawyers rubbing their hands in glee.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I can see some problems without even bothering with the legal aspects.

Really, what seller has the time to go through all the lists. Too much work.

And as a seller, would you necessarily add a person to your own blocked list just on a stranger's say so?

It could be that someone vindictive put their name up there.

I have seen sites that rate teachers and because it is anonymous, I have seen some rubbish written about people I know. Because it is written on a website, it doesn't mean it is always correct.

And what are you going to publish, their real name or their username? I am springyzone here on this account but I am on a lot of different sites under a different nick.

I do see the use of having official lists of bad creditors, bad renters available for various agencies, but a free for all website-limited use.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply