Negative Feedback on Closed Dispute

ancarswa
Community Member

About a month ago a buyer puts in a best offer which I accept but no payment is made. So after about 10 days and no reply to messages I open a non payment dispute. Still no payment so I close the dispute and get my fees back. 

Today the buyer leaves negative feedback. 

How can ebay allow the buyer to do this? 

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Once an unpaid item case is closed neither party can leave feedback.

There have been glitches with this part of the system so call eBay, explain and they will remove the feedback.

Select help at the top of the pages but call during business hours.

image host
Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

I can no longer see the neg so it looks like you've been able to get eBay fixed their mistake they should not have allowed in the first place

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

If someone never receives an item, lodges a case and I refund them, can they then leave neutral feedback saying they didn't receive the item but the refund was hassle free?

I thought they couldn't leave feedback at all!!
Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

If they've paid, they can leave feedback.

Feedback is to reflect their experience, apparently.

But the OP had a non-payer.

That's the difference.

edit:  Just had a look.   Call ebay and see if they will remove it cos they mentioned opening a case

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

Tell me you didn't send a $60 item without tracking!

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

@kitty-kat-kollection wrote:
If someone never receives an item, lodges a case and I refund them, can they then leave neutral feedback saying they didn't receive the item but the refund was hassle free?

I thought they couldn't leave feedback at all!!

Must have been a very generous flight attendant friend to give you 5 locks for Christmas! Especially after you bought multiple for yourself, in both silver and bronze, for a bag you never bought. 

It looks really bad on you when you list multiples of a high end item, saying you bought it and then never got the bag for it, then go ahead and list 4+ of the identical item. Buyers can see straight through it. It reflects much better on you if you remove any reasons for selling. Just list it. No reason needed.

I have to say, I was very happy to read your replies to the neutrals. You remained professional, which buyers love to see. They don't want to see you absuing anyone over their feedback (plenty do it). It instills a lot of confidence, knowing if they do have an issue, you will help them, not abuse them.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

And how is it that they all have the same number - 318?

I question the authenticity

If genuine, I would be very miffed at paying the price when it was a gift.

Take the gift part out at least.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Sorry, that should read 'if not genuine'

But then again, either way, it's a high price to pay when you mention it was a gift.

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Welcome to the Club I had 5 Neutrals for the same reason Called Feebay the Helpless desk agreed it was unfair and would esculate it to have the 5 Removed did'nt happen so still have them. Items sent Registered Tracked Mail Australia Post still managed to lose them apprently. Of course may not have have shown as delivered if Postie did not get a signiture I wonder so buyer tried it on.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply