Negative feedback because customer did not pay?

Can someone please explain how this can seriously be allowed? eBayer buys a product where she is in a country which we don't post to. I explain to her why but say I can get the American distributor to post to her. She agrees. 2 weeks later still no payment and so I put in a 'not paid' dispute. She has now left me negative feedback because I put in this dispute. How can eBayers leave feedback even when they never paid for the item?!

Let's work together and be best friends.
Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Sad fact, they shouldn't be able to but they can:-(  However, on the positive side, phone ebay (don't email) and it should be removed on the spot:-)

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Make sure you close the dispute 4 days after you opened it & ebay will remove the neg.If they don't,just give them a call.

And check that you have blocks to stop people from countries you don't post to from even bidding in the 1st place.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Oh & having the following in your heading is probably misleading as you DON'T actually post worldwide.JMO

EXPRESS DELIVERY WORLDWIDE

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks for the comments everyone. I have just put in a request to eBay. They must have changed something because the feedback removal is done by a different segment now and you need to email them directly.

As for the subheading, thank you for that because I had not picked up on that.  The manufactuer told me about a month ago that they wanted all USA orders so I changed it to " Posts to: Australia, Europe, Asia, New Zealand" through eBay settings, but must have forget to change that other part.

Let's work together and be best friends.
Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

SO from what I can make out..she/he actullay didnt buy from you but rather the american distributor. SO why did you start an UID with them?

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Because they didn't pay ?:|

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

But if they bought from the distributor and not the OP how can they open a dispute?

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

"How can eBayers leave feedback even when they never paid for the item?!"

This one has had me shaking my head in bemusement also.

ebay has a few ludicrous policies, but this one takes the cake for me.

A buyer should not be allowed to leave any feedback until they have paid for the item, under ANY circumstances. 

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

"How can eBayers leave feedback even when they never paid for the item?!"

This one has had me shaking my head in bemusement also.

ebay has a few ludicrous policies, but this one takes the cake for me.

A buyer should not be allowed to leave any feedback until they have paid for the item, under ANY circumstances. 

If the seller opens NPB dispute and closes it without payment the buyer can not leave feedback, or if they have left neg FB before hand it will be removed by eBay.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply