Negative feedback because customer did not pay?

Can someone please explain how this can seriously be allowed? eBayer buys a product where she is in a country which we don't post to. I explain to her why but say I can get the American distributor to post to her. She agrees. 2 weeks later still no payment and so I put in a 'not paid' dispute. She has now left me negative feedback because I put in this dispute. How can eBayers leave feedback even when they never paid for the item?!

Let's work together and be best friends.
Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

ok, I realise that, but it still doesn't make sense why it is allowed in the first place,

That bad f/back is still there in the meantime for all the world to see.

sorry, but It's a stupid policy.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

--its allowed because there is no way for ebay to know if you paid via bank deposit or cash on pickup etc, or by paymate or direct credit card....... ebay only know what happens via Paypal, not any other payment method

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

I've spoken to eBay and as soon as I'm able to close the dispute (tomorrow), if I send them another message they will remove the feedback.

bsal616, she bought from me

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Sorry, but it sounds to me like the buyer is/was expecting to pay the American distributor from where they would have got the item. Just saying thats all.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Yeh I think the buyer didn't understand what was happening as it said worldwide, then they were told that they needed to buy from the American distributor so I think they may have misunderstood what was going on.

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Not sure why though. I told her she can pay us and I will have her order posted from America to get it quicker. She said she would pay within a couple of days but never did.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

I advise you to change your signature - it's a generalisation and can be misinterpreted and some people may find it offensive. Some of us put plenty of time and effort into answering questions and don't make it an unpleasant experience for people who ask them.

TCT
Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

Yeh sorry teeth deja is right about your signature. I have had some back and forth myself on these boards but most people here are good people and sometimes after going away and thinking I can see from another persons view. Most of the disagreements on here I think are just misunderstandings that's come from typing only and not being able to see someones expressions and hear the tone in there voice.

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 18 of 18
Latest reply