New Postage charges. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

On my other account I updated my shipping policies by 1st October to the new postage rates thinking this was all I had to do....I haven't had many sales since I must admit and didn't lok closely at the labels printed when I did have a slae till today. That was when I then noticed that the printed labels are STILL only showing the weight "UP TO 500g" on them. It's so far not been a problem as I haven't posted anything in the small aussie post satchels that weighed over the 500 g, but what happens whn I do have a few things that do weigh over that but still fit in the small satchel?

I have attached the screen shot of what my "print a label" page looks like, can you tell from that if there is something I have done incorrectly? I am still being invoiced the $7.55 from Ebay too which I assumed would of gone up with the new rates when they came into effect, so at the moment it;s all good, but not so much if I'm doing it wrong.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I was going to ask at the Post Office but then realised why would they know. So I have just used Click & Send for any items that are over 500grams.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

The old PREPAID satchels are now supposed to be good for 5kg, but I had a 555g small (500g) satchel refused by AP's computer yesterday.

So I chucked it in the box. I really, really, really wouldn't mind getting hit with underpaid postage. I would like to hear their explanation of why they don't have to follow the rules they, themselves, have set.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Well, that just seems WRONG? Admitidly I haven't as yet lodged mine over the counter, just in the red box so haven't had an issue but they have all so far been under the 500g but if anything is over that maybe I too will have trouble...did you print the Ebay Label like I have been doing and do you recall if the label stated Up To 500g? That is where I think the issue is....and a fault of Ebay ?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I used a prepaid satchel, because there is nothing on AP's website saying eBay satchels come under the new limits. Probably why eBay haven't increased the prices.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

The old flat rate satchels including ebay ones are covered by the new 5kg limit, I asked the manager at my post office. What they're doing is still accepting the old ones that say 500g, 3kg etc they just don't weigh them (unless over 5kg obviously). I've sent numerous parcels over 1kg this week in small 500g satchels, lodged over the counter. No problemo and much cheaper! They also accept the ebay labels still because Aust Post hasn't provided the software update to ebay for the label printing process yet. So you can keep printing on site and they reckon it's coming soon but don't hold your breath.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply