New Sendle 250g express service WARNING

I have trialing using the new low cost 250g sendle service promoted by ebay for ebay plus sellers.    I have noticed many parcels are picked up but online tracking shows futuile pickup.  I have resorted to taking a photo of the parcel and drivers scanner as proof it was posted.   My customers are jumping up and down thinking I have not posted.  Sendle dos not reply to emails and has zero customer help.   Has anyone else come across these problems?

I would highly recommend you do not use sendle under any circumstances, going by their google ratings ebay should not be partnered up with such a company.  

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: New Sendle 250g express service WARNING

@sugar249 wrote:

@goldair1_4 wrote:

I used sendle just once,when it was free and it was picked up and delivered in under 24 hours

However i would not ever use them for valuable items,i'll stick to the post office

That makes no sense,  so they give you 100% service, but you wont use them

Sendle was good when they first started....before they almost exclusively used Aramex (formerly Fastway) and Couriers Please.

Any sellers using them now are asking for trouble.

Message 11 of 25
Latest reply

Well yes, We do read the boards and know many sellers have problems with  different couriers. Perhaps they do bang the biggest drum, and we have, from time to time, considered trying different delivery providers.

But we are not prepared to put our deliveries at risk just for the sake of saving a few dollars, and we are not "first adopters" (or guinea pigs), so we have opted to stay where we are, and use AP as our preferred delivery service.

(We have had approx 3 missing items over the 12 years we have been here, and a 2 broken, but when we compared with what we have sent the good far outweighs any issues, and we can only judge on what has happened or not happened to ourselves.)

ie We are prepared to wear the financial hit if an issue happens in return for having a stable courier service. 

Just our 2c worth, understand your point, and thanks for the convo.

Message 12 of 25
Latest reply

lynsh84
Community Member

The trouble with Sendle is that they are not a courier service.....they are a courier broker and contract deliveries out to the cheapest company that will do the job.

That usually means Aramex (Fastway) or Couriers Please.....two of arguably the worst courier companies in Australia these days.

When things go wrong Sendle takes no responsibility and the customer is left to deal with the actual company that did the deliveries (or not as the case may be).

Message 13 of 25
Latest reply

G'day garage_remotes. We encountered the same issue with the new 250g "express satchels" (mainly with the barcodes begining with "FRE"). This was remedied - there was apparently an issue with the tracking data pushing from the carrier or the carriers scanners. This was however not the last or least of the problems. 

At the time of writing we have about 25 parcels with no movement for 3 weeks, 3 of which have formally been declared lost at the time of writing. We have stopped using them obviously (for about 10 days now). At the moment it appears sendle do not want to compensate for lost items either. 

I was a fan of Sendle until this experience - the carrier that they use for this service "Parcel Freight Logistics" does not appear to be up to the task.

It is may be a bit early to tell. I hope your experience has been better than ours.

Message 14 of 25
Latest reply

I am a Courier and Sendle items are often a nightmare for Pickup.   I have several people using Sendle where Sendle never actually advise there is a pickup or the advice is erratic at best.  One or Two of them I will accept Text Requests for Pickups from but for the others, due to Juvenile &or Abusive Behaviour  - it is their problem.  I have quite a few Sendle Customers where the system works seamlessly.   Sendle also frequently duplicate Pickup requests and clearing the Duplicate will generate a Futile Pickup notice in Sendle Tracking and there is really nothing you can do about it.  Australia Post and all major Couriers in Australia use the same Scanners and System - BluJay which was formerly Blackbay.  They seem to have clamped down on Third Parties using Tracking Data.    You will often find Sendle and the other Brokers (Shippit, Transdirect, Big Post etc) as well as ebay Tracking History and Notifications differs to the actual Tracking Events and updates can be significantly delayed.   Amazon must pay for access  which is why their Tracking is almost live and accurate.  I know when I am getting stuff to PO Box or Parcel Locker that I receive Amazon messages well before Aus Post messages.    Gen Y seem to only use Tracking Apps and the same thing happens.   Sendle are supposed to provide their own Customer Service and the Couriers they use will not respond to Sendle enquiries.   Sendle also seem to direct people to contact the Individual Couriers for enquiries and we will not respond.     We frequently get after hours delivery requests or phone ahead delivery requests for Sendle items which are just not going to happen and will delay items significantly.   The other problem we encounter is that Sendle pickups are Contactless so if the items are not at the door at the pickup location for Home Based Pickups then "Not Ready for Collection" is recorded which generates a Futile Pickup notice.   Sendle items do not get any Delivery Priority and I have never worked out why Sendle Receivers seem to think they are getting "Express" or "Priority" delivery or Afterhours or Phone Ahead deliveries.   This week there have been quite a few Sendle items missing Unit Numbers.     I was 100% up to date in my Courier Area as at Friday night ( I am not in NSW or Vic) but there are delays with Heavy Items - mainly Flatpack Furniture, Alcohol and Dog Food as well as any items requiring a Signature.  Masks are the  problem with Heavy Freight particularly where stairs or steep driveways are involved so daily numbers of these are limited to avoid the situation where you get "Mask Headache" which results in nothing getting delivered.      There was also mention in the Thread about Printer Less pickups - not going to happen.  No label - No Pickup.  That is how things get lost.                 

Message 15 of 25
Latest reply

Sendle is no good for us example if we use Sendle for 500gms to Regional areas charge is approx $17.00 , same service from Australia Post $9.30 and time frame with Oz post is roughly 7 to 9 business days which isn’t bad considering the delivery climate we are in

Message 16 of 25
Latest reply

@tomnatnik wrote:

There was also mention in the Thread about Printer Less pickups - not going to happen.  No label - No Pickup.  That is how things get lost.                 

And it is exactly why with attitudes like this by rogue couriers, saying it is not going to happen, that couriers have such a bad name.

If Ebay, Sendle and your  courier company have signed an agreement to do printerless pickups,  then individual rogue pickup people such as yourself should be weeded out of the insdustry.

Message 17 of 25
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

@tomnatnik wrote:

There was also mention in the Thread about Printer Less pickups - not going to happen.  No label - No Pickup.  That is how things get lost.                 

And it is exactly why with attitudes like this by rogue couriers, saying it is not going to happen, that couriers have such a bad name.

Not a very fair comment Sugar......many couriers would refuse to take an item that has no scanable label.  Tomnatnik sounds like a responsible courier, not a rogue.

If Ebay, Sendle and your  courier company have signed an agreement to do printerless pickups,  then individual rogue pickup people such as yourself should be weeded out of the insdustry.

Again, an unfair comment. Sendle and ebay need to get their act together.  Printerless pickups should be stopped immediately.

There is plenty of evidence on the boards that Sendle couriers lose parcels.....it would be interesting to know how many of these are printerless items.

Message 18 of 25
Latest reply

@lynsh84 wrote:

@sugar249 wrote:

@tomnatnik wrote:

Not a very fair comment Sugar......many couriers would refuse to take an item that has no scanable label.  Tomnatnik sounds like a responsible courier, not a rogue.

Again, an unfair comment. Sendle and ebay need to get their act together.  Printerless pickups should be stopped immediately.

There is plenty of evidence on the boards that Sendle couriers lose parcels.....it would be interesting to know how many of these are printerless items.

Not unfair at all,  if a rogue driver refuses to do what their company has agreed to,  then they don't belong.

And it's not sendle that loses the parcels, its the company that they contract with and rogue drivers such as Tomnatnik who lose the parcels,  sendle don't actually handle the parcels.  So I wish people would stop blaming sendle.  

I think people who complain about the printerless pickup don't understand how it works, or that Australia Post have being doing printerless deliveries for 100 years or more.

PS.  I am not an advocate for Sendle, I am an advocate for customers service, which people like Tomnatnik, seem to have forgotten in their spray above.

Message 19 of 25
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

@lynsh84 wrote:

@sugar249 wrote:

@tomnatnik wrote:

Not unfair at all,  if a rogue driver refuses to do what their company has agreed to,  then they don't belong.
That is not a rogue driver.....that is a driver who cares whether his customers parcels arrive safely.

He is probably working for the wrong company though.....he needs to go somewhere where printerless items are handled safely.

And it's not sendle that loses the parcels, its the company that they contract with and rogue drivers such as Tomnatnik who lose the parcels,  sendle don't actually handle the parcels.  So I wish people would stop blaming sendle.  

Agreed.....my bad for blaming the courier broker and not the cr**py companies they contract the pickups/deliveries to.  But ebay does crow about their agreements with Sendle.

I think people who complain about the printerless pickup don't understand how it works, or that Australia Post have being doing printerless deliveries for 100 years or more.

Do you understand how it works sugar?  At StarTrack a parcel that is hand addressed does not go into the main sorting bins....it is shunted to the side until it can have a barcode attached to allow it to go back to the main sorting bins.   This can have a considerable impact on delivery times at the very least.

True, AP has been doing printerless deliveries since they started delivering mail in 1809......sorting machines are a very recent innovation in the scheme of things but they are only useful if they are used properly.  They can sort the parcels at 10 times the rate of manual sorters if the mail is barcoded properly.

@sugar249 wrote:

@lynsh84 wrote:

@sugar249 wrote:

@tomnatnik wrote:

PS.  I am not an advocate for Sendle, I am an advocate for customers service, which people like Tomnatnik, seem to have forgotten in their spray above.

Message 20 of 25
Latest reply