New Type of Offer - Anyone had similiar

gec2002
Community Member

Just received this offer on one of my stores

offer.jpg

Close, Relist and Save 50%

Close your unpaid item case & then relist 3 items in the next 10 days to save 50% off your final value fees.

When I took up the offer it closed the case automatically.  The case was 3 days overdue for closing, and I had just missed it.

T&Cs state that by offer only, and the way I read them, the 3 relisted items must be sold with the next 10 days.  Still, nothing to lose and might even get some cheaper FVFs.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

From memory when I got this you just had to list the 3 items within 10 days and you hope they sold within the first listing. Once they auto relist, the party's over.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

pnc75
Community Member

It seems to appear if you've had an unpaying buyer.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

@pnc75 wrote:

It seems to appear if you've had an unpaying buyer.

Apparently not if you close the case yourself.

I just finished one and there were no kind offers made or symathetic sentiments expressed.

Maybe it's a new thing?

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Or just random or 'pot luck', like most ebay offers.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Yes appears that way.  I had opened the case but not closed it after the due date, and sort of forgot about it, so it was 3 overdue from when I could have closed it.  Mostly I close on the first day I can claim, so have never seen this before.  Wasn't even a lot of money ($14.95 including postage), which you might think is the time they would send these offers, to soften the blow of the loss of a big pay day, so to speak.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I got the offer on my store account, which hasn't had a NPB for 6 months and wasn't eligible. I tried it on another account, which I closed a case on about 2 weeks prior and it worked. And I got the 50% off for the 2 sales that qualified.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply