New Zealand new customs requirement

Got this email from DHL recently:

New Zealand Shipping Updates

New Zealand Customs has advised that there is an increase in shipments being held due to insufficient documentation or seizure of restricted items. To help avoid delays, we recommend the following when preparing your shipments:

1. Goods Description

A clear and accurate description of the goods you are shipping should be provided. Vague or inaccurate descriptions may be held by customs, resulting in delayed deliveries and additional surcharges for item inspection and/or incomplete data.

2. Prohibited and Restricted Items

Please take note of prohibited and restricted items, such as aerosols, batteries and flammable liquids, a complete list of items can be found here . Shipping these items will lead to additional surcharges & items may be held or destroyed.

3. New Zealand Full Tariff Code

For items with a declared value greater than NZ$400 and less than NZ$1,000 a New Zealand Full Tariff code is required, click here to generate your tariff code.

We hope you find the above information useful, if you require additional information on how to prepare your shipments please contact your dedicated account manager or our customer service team on 1800 688 280 or email Cs-ecom.au@dhl.com.

Thank you for shipping with DHL eCommerce Solutions.

Best regards,
DHL eCommerce Solutions – Excellence. Simply Delivered.

Great idea NZ, lets clearly describe what's in the box to everyone along the delivery chain so that dishonest people know exactly which boxes to rip off. /rant

Just thought i would pass it along to everyone.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: New Zealand new customs requirement

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Good heavens.....is there any pie that Fastway does not stick their fingers in?

They are also partnered now with the whole UBI system, unfortunately. There's been a couple of times now where I've selected that as the postage method when making small orders from my suppliers, and they were handed off to Fastway instead of Aus Post. The last one was in their distribution centre for over a week before it started to move again,  ultimately taking about 3-4 times as long as AP would have (Fastway would have to be one of the biggest misonomers in modern brand names Smiley LOL)

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply