New buyers popping up all of a sudden with unusual usernames, anyone else?

Hi guys

in the last two weeks I've had small purchases and one larger one with new buyers ( 0 feedback ). All paid with what seemed to be leigitimate paypal transactions with usernames as consisting of things like

sir-23-bcbht 

Thoughts?

Haven't had any feedback issues yet or disputes.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I think they are buyers making a purchase using Guest checkout without actually registering as an eBay member.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

yes they are guest buyers and most of mine are non payers.

Just this morning have filed another 3 UID for $35.00. buyer couldn't be bothered to tell me until I asked sent a reminder about payment.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

It seems that as guest buyers they feel they have nothing to lose if they don't bother paying.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Sure, I also noticed they then come back as another guest and buy again if you block them.
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Guest buyers can only purchase without registering when buying with immeadiate payment.

To place bids or buy now pay at later time, you have to register.

So the non payers are not guest buyers, they are new member IDs.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@ptc3058 wrote:

Haven't had any feedback issues yet or disputes.

If they are guest members, although they will have an eBay profile and you can leave feedback, they won't be able to leave feedback for you (if they register as a member before the 60-day time limit for FB is up, they probably can). 

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Awesome thanks so much for the insight 

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

When you try to create a new account, there isn't an option to choose your own ID upfront anymore.

it creates one from bits of your name and au at times. New users may not know you can then change it to something else.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply