New eBay satchels

Does anyone know when eBay/Australia Post is getting the new medium and extra large satchels in?
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

New eBay satchels

Last I heard from Aust Post is that if you order them online, they will still be the old satchels (which you can use for the new 5kg limit) as they still have heaps of stock

If you go to the actual PO, they have the new ones  in stock - or at least my Po does.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

New eBay satchels

if you have old stock on hand, just keep using it under the new ' if it packs it fits" 5kg for each size.  I researched it and fronted my local PO who later admitted that no matter the weight printed on the satchel, they have to honour the 5kg weight.

If you are after new satchels, sorry no help - I have about a years supply to get through ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

New eBay satchels

I have been told endless different things from different AP staff.

1. Post offices no longer sell the old satchels. You can only order them online in their shop now in packs of 10. I was told this at 2 post offices.

2. I went online to do that, but the old satchels no longer appeared - only the new ones.

3. 2 other post offices regularly sell me the old satchels in varying quantities with no issue.

4. Each time I buy the old satchels, it is a slightly different cost. I am sometimes being charged $89.50 for a pack of 10 old 500g satchels. That would be $8.95 per satchel, wouldn't it? That's the new satchel price. And isn't there supposed to be a discount for packs of 10?

Other times I'm only charged $87-something.

I give up trying to figure it out.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

New eBay satchels

It's not really a problem though is it Kitty?    Satchels are available - from post offices or online - it doesn't matter if they are the old ones or the new ones, the new rules apply.

And yes, if you buy them from Aust Post online it will cost $89.70 because you have to buy 10 - so cost $8.97 each

Or if you buy 100 satchels !!!! it would be $874. - cost $8.74 each.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

New eBay satchels

@kitty-kat-kollection wrote:
I have been told endless different things from different AP staff.

That would be $8.95 per satchel, wouldn't it? That's the new satchel price. And isn't there supposed to be a discount for packs of 10?

The individual price is $9.20 per satchel and according to their website small satchels are:

10-pack:  $89.70

Or $87.40 when buying 10 or more x 10-packs at a time (minimum price payable is $874 for 10 x 10-packs)

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

New eBay satchels

Ahhhhh, I see. Thank you! Now it makes sense.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply