New restrictions - seriously annoyed

I have an 8 year history of selling on Ebay, was on 100% rating for most of that time. This April I had 3 complaints about the same product which coincided with an emergency I had to attend o/s and escalated to disputes Ebay determined in my abscence. Bang,
I am now restricted to listing only 20 products a month, max $600 sales. Whats more, PayPal blocks my money for 21 days so I have to send the goods but don't see
my money for 3 weeks. No point continuing at all, I can make more than $600 holding a garage sale over a weekend than fiddling with Ebay, and the holding of money for 3weeks takes the cake. Is there any point appealing or do I just close my account and be done with it?
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

@felek0409 wrote:
I have an 8 year history of selling on Ebay, was on 100% rating for most of that time. This April I had 3 complaints about the same product which coincided with an emergency I had to attend o/s and escalated to disputes Ebay determined in my abscence. Bang,
I am now restricted to listing only 20 products a month, max $600 sales. Whats more, PayPal blocks my money for 21 days so I have to send the goods but don't see
my money for 3 weeks. No point continuing at all, I can make more than $600 holding a garage sale over a weekend than fiddling with Ebay, and the holding of money for 3weeks takes the cake. Is there any point appealing or do I just close my account and be done with it?

I thought it had to be defects from at least 5 sellers. Of course, you could have had other defects, regardless of the colour of feedback.

With my buyer's hat - How would I know you had had an emergency? Did you take all your listings off as soon as you knew you couldn't honour your obligations? Why would a buyer care? They want what they bought in a timely manner. Did you offer cancellations when you couldn't fulfil?

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

As they were eBay disputes which were escalated and resolved by eBay, they'd count as "case closed without seller resolution", and most sellers (except high volume ones) are only allowed two of those before restrictions come into play.

You could appeal, but to be honest unless you can contest the actual decisions eBay made, I doubt it would change anything. If you're still able to list items, I would probably keep the account and try to work through the restrictions, with the view of having them raised or lifted all together, unless you have no use for eBay at all, as any restrictions on this account will apply to any other accounts you may have, now or in the future. 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I have no use for selling only $600 a month. I turn more than that in through Gumtree, without giving a cut to EBay or PayPal. And I certainly have no use for my profits being frozen for 3 weeks while I fork out for postage over that time.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@felek0409 wrote:
I have no use for selling only $600 a month. I turn more than that in through Gumtree, without giving a cut to EBay or PayPal. And I certainly have no use for my profits being frozen for 3 weeks while I fork out for postage over that time.
Your choice. Btw Gumtree is a wholly owned subsidiary of eBay. I also note you haven't bothered to answer my questions.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

As long as its free, don't care who owns it. I don't see how answering your questions will probide answers to my issue so I didn't bother. I did not post in order to sit in a confessional discussing the nature of my abscence and what I could or could not have done. EBay peeved me off for the forst time when it abolished the leaving of negative feedback for buyers, that was bad enough. But this really takes the cake and I have no intention to keep dancing to their tune and playing silly games. No wonder their profits are plummeting from year to year.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@felek0409 wrote:
As long as its free, don't care who owns it. I don't see how answering your questions will probide answers to my issue so I didn't bother. I did not post in order to sit in a confessional discussing the nature of my abscence and what I could or could not have done. EBay peeved me off for the forst time when it abolished the leaving of negative feedback for buyers, that was bad enough. But this really takes the cake and I have no intention to keep dancing to their tune and playing silly games. No wonder their profits are plummeting from year to year.

Fair enough. I was just trying to determine if you were asking a question and looking for answers or ranting. Determined.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

But this really takes the cake

I am sure that is what the buyers thought who quite rightly put in claims when they did not get what they paid for. Why should you not be penalised so you are disadvantages against other sellers who either complete transactions or issue immediate refunds with an apology if they are unable to post any items they cannot cancel because of personal issues.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

What ever you do don't communicate with buyers in an emergency. My house burnt down and me telling buyers about it and issuing refunds is one of the reasons ebay doesn't believe it happened.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply