New seller EBAY Holding my sold $$$

Hi I have on I recently sold two items on ebay but ebay have put the money on hold for two weeks

is there anyway around this 

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Since eBay classes you as a "new seller" your money will be on hold until you can show by tracking and/or feedback that the transaction has been successful with no problems.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

@kristov67 wrote:

Hi I have on I recently sold two items on ebay but ebay have put the money on hold for two weeks

is there anyway around this 

Thanks

Consider yourself lucky that it's only 2 weeks. For most new seller's it's FOUR WEEKS!!!!

I have been selling on ebay for a long time. One of my accounts, very little access on my part and listings not updated for bleams (I'm a slacker!). It has a few low cost items that will probably never sell, but one can be hopeful!

Low and behold, one of the items sold on Sunday. Buyer paid immediately. I got 2 emails today. One saying the funds have been sent ( which was in my account). The other being that micro deposits have been sent and I need to verify when I receive them. Nothing has sold for over 6 months, so I am considered a new seller and am subjected to holds on that account.

Ebay implemented these holds to protect members. Scammers will access an account from someone who hasn't used it in long time. They will then post countless items for sale at  price that is way less than the manufacturer could make it for. Example, Makita drill NWT with all the accessories, plus an impact drill, angle grinder and radio for $19.95.

Buyers are like, hell yes, I'm so there!!! Most with feedback under 20, which is what the scammers hope for. Back in the day, the scammer would have been off quick smart with their ill gotten gains, and low feedback buyers thinking they have lost their money, which sadly, most did because they didn't know they could claim a refund.

By ebay putting on these holds, it prevents most scammers from running away with the money. Am I happy with my email today? Of course I'm not, but at least I know ebay is (kind of )looking out for me as a seller.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I am sure other new sellers would love to know how you manage to only have to wait two weeks?

Half the time everyone else does

I would'nt be pushing to get it even quicker, they might decide to make you wait the usual full amount after all if you do

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Once you go through the "probationary" period of being new or being a non-seller for some time then you will start getting the payments immediately.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

No way around it, you just have to be patient.

If you sell a few things from here on in, on a regular basis, you will pass this 'probationary' period and funds will flow into your account without a 'hold', but if you sell a few now then you don't list again for quite a while, then you'll face a probationary period again.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply