New seller limits

I see that eBay are getting behind the "Until we all belong" campaign.

https://thewest.com.au/news/australia/until-we-all-belong-companies-support-push-for-same-sex-marria...

The rings can be bought on eBay from airbnb_untilweallbelong, a new seller, and more than 7,700 have been sold in a very short time.  At one time the listing was displaying the number sold within the last hour and that number reached 500 at one stage.

That's a hell of a lot of orders to get out in a short time.  Obviously no new seller limits in terms of items listed or $ value of listings or sales.  I wonder if their feedback will be subjected to eBay's Did the item arrive on time question.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

New seller limits

19,501 sold now, with 11,859 viewed per day. Why don't they have selling limits? Seems very suspect to me. Whoever the seller is will be cleaning up big time. I wonder if anyone will actually receive these rings?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

New seller limits

They have a fb of 1

Sold 19,611

How did they finagle those numbers??

Oh, someone please tell me they've got a 21 day hold

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

New seller limits

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/04/05/airbnbs-acceptance-ring-new-livestrong-wristband.html

According to Business Insider, Airbnb is providing the rings free of charge, although eBay currently appears to be charging AU$3.50 for the item.

What the?

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

New seller limits

I honestly don't find much of an issue with a very well established and verifiable entity setting up shop on eBay and not being subjected to limits, particularly for what I personally think is a good campaign, and one that they're supposedly not profiting from (dunno if eBay is, but I suspect they would have brokered a special deal anyways).

I'd have a problem with well established and verifiable entity not being given the same treatment, though. 

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

New seller limits

@imastawka wrote:

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/04/05/airbnbs-acceptance-ring-new-livestrong-wristband.html

According to Business Insider, Airbnb is providing the rings free of charge, although eBay currently appears to be charging AU$3.50 for the item.

What the?

It's in the description of the listing.

eBay is not charging anything for them - Airbnb is covering postage costs only. 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

New seller limits

just out if interest, and without committing to a position in support of or against the campaign, I had the listing up on my screen this afternoon.  I was refreshing the screen and looking at how many sales had been made between refreshes.

At the turn of the hour I noticed that if I refreshed the screen as soon as it loaded, the jump in 'numbers sold' would jump by 7 to 10 sales.  I kept doing that for some time and it kept up.  In the space of about ten minutes the number sold in the last hour jumped from about 180 to over 500.  Must have had something to do with the news services on to and/or radio.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

New seller limits

that listing will reach 20,000 sold very soon

edit: it reached 20,000 as I typed.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

New seller limits

now at 22,000 sales.

That is another 2,000 sold in 17 hours

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

New seller limits

Point?

We all know (or should) that established B&M businesses don't have the same rules applied as people who operate from their houses or corner store.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply