New simplified selling/listing format - how to revert back to the old user friendly format

If like me, ebay automatically switched you over to the new easy listing format and you hate it ( it is so restrictive) you can switch back to the old version. Follow these ebay-direcetd steps and it works:

"When you click on the Sell tab when you’re inside your  My eBay page to list an item. There is an option for you to switch back to the old format. Just make sure that you click on the link that says “  Switch to advanced tool “. By doing so, you will then be directed to the old format which has a lot of options made available. The new format was geared to help out new sellers create their ads in the simplest way."

Reading the blogs it looks like a few people have been having issues with the simple format so I hope this helps. I was ready to give ebay the flick if I couldn't revert back to the old method.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

New simplified selling/listing format - how to revert back to the old user friendly format

Do you mean the automated payment, postage etc option? If so I can't understand why anyone would hate it, if you actually read the information and set it up how you want it then it is a real time saver IMO. I just wish I could have the option to use it on my other two selling accounts.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Great tip for new sellers gattareia that are not aware that you can opt out of the new format Cat Very Happy

lol I think the new format has a few benefits, but IMO is in no way the "simplest" way to create listings as ebay claim and may be unnecessarily confusing for new sellers.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I really hate the guts out of the new postage format. Its giving me a migraine trying to add International Postage to my listings.

I have to give up on it, the pain is not worth the possible extra sales now.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for the tip. I was also ready to quit Ebay.  Pat

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Antique Thread
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you I will be going straight back to the old format...I too was ready to give eBay the flick it is impossible to use.. NOT user friendly at all.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

This thread is nearly 3 years old.....the format you are talking about is the "new" format being discussed.

Check the dates before resurrecting old threads which are out of date.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply