New to Ebay FUNDS ON HOLD

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Are you verified for Managed Payments? As a new seller, you should be both ID-verified and bank account-verified.

Read this thread:

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling-on-eBay/Verifying-my-Bank-Account/qaq-p/2509501/comment-id/...

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Yes I am 

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Did you read about the hold on payments for new sellers?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

You have basically answered your own 'question' in your heading

Your funds are on hold because you are new to eBay

As agreed to when signing up to sell and listing your items 

You still need to post the items you have sold, you do not get to wait until the funds are released or you will have a very short selling career (due to eBay defects for not posting items within the handling time you specified) 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

You've been selling since 4th December, so those funds would have cleared by now. It is a rolling 30 days holding period for the first couple of months, after which your funds will be deposited according to the schedule you set up in your Seller Hub.

Just keep sending within your handling time with tracking (preferably) and eventually you'll move to normal payouts.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

blechkro_0
Community Member

I am a beginner in this area. This is a really helpful subject for me. The payment method on eBay is something that should be understood in great detail.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

You are 100% right

Unfortunately, most people tick the 'I have read and agreed to' in the selling terms, where all the information is given in full, when they have not read even one line, and then come here to blast everyone else for them not knowing 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

This is true, but reading endless pages of legal mumbo jumbo should not be a requirement.  A high level understanding of the payment system should be within reach without retaining a corporate lawyer.

No doubt this information is somewhere, but judging by the volume of people coming to this forum clearly ignorant of this arrangement makes it clear Ebay is doing a poor job of informing potential sellers.  

This forum is barely worthwhile because of the flood of identical posts about MP.  Ebay is clearly not doing enough to convey this to sellers.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

How hard is it?

Go to Help and type in 'start selling'

Start selling on eBay | eBay

All the info needed is there.

Also for this particular thread, just type 'payment on hold'

Payments on hold | eBay

People need to use the Help button more often

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply