New to Selling on Ebay- HELP

accessories_n_things86
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I have been on ebay for a few years now (buying) with a different user ID, i thought i would try selling some items on ebay with a new ID and have been up and running for about a week now- i can't put all my stock on as yet as i am limited to a certain amount of listings per month. My question is i haven't sold ANYTHING yet and am starting to think that maybe this isn't the right thing for me and i should just give up whilst im not ahead 🙂 

I would really appreciate it if someone with some selling experience could help me out and take a look at my listings and let me know what im doing wrong as i don't really know what im doing or how selling on ebay works just yet. Could it be that because i don't have any feedback people are scared to buy off me...or do i just suck at this?

Thanks a lot

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: New to Selling on Ebay- HELP

accessories_n_things86
Community Member

Hi Licorice,

Im not sure to be honest, Hairmart sell some items of a generic brand like nail polishes that you can buy elsewhere, and i see a million of them listed on ebay ....i was just letting Foxette know that Hairmart sold that exact mascara in the same packaging as mine, not that i purchased from there ( i personally wouldnt buy that mascara for $22 and sell it for $12)

I guess theres no harm in asking them, all they can say is no. A lot of the products they sell in Hairmart ive noticed you can also buy on the internet through non-wholesalers, i guess it depends on the type of stuff you want to sell. But again im not an expert nor do i know the legal "rules" of this kind of stuff.

Message 51 of 59
Latest reply

Accessories,you have the hair things listed with colour options so please excuse my stupidity but how come you can't do the shawls like that?

If ebay is restricting your listings & your items are relatively cheap then I'm concerned that after you pay store fee,ebay fees,Paypal fees & postage,you'll be on minus money.

Just doesn't seem fair to you IMO.

Message 52 of 59
Latest reply

Accessories,you have the hair things listed with colour options so please excuse my stupidity but how come you can't do the shawls like that?

If ebay is restricting your listings & your items are relatively cheap then I'm concerned that after you pay store fee,ebay fees,Paypal fees & postage,you'll be on minus money.

Just doesn't seem fair to you IMO.

OOPS-sorry,meant the punk bracelets.

(note to self-don't try to multitask )

Message 53 of 59
Latest reply

At least she's not being dishonest like some sellers who buy items from Asia, take the labels off, substitute their own, and claim the item as handmade.  This happens on several sites, including ebay.

Give the girl a break; she's trying to make a few extra dollars for herself, and will learn as we all did; not one seller was an expert from day one:|  I've been selling for over nine years and still get policy violations because I don't know all the rules - so says ebay.

well said Motherbear 🙂  Even if you spend hours researching how to set up a store etc etc, there will still be some things that can only be learnt as you go, or by trial and error.

Message 54 of 59
Latest reply

Accessories,I've just sent you a message via ebay-there is something you should look at that you may not have seen.Hope this helps.:-x

Message 55 of 59
Latest reply

accessories_n_things86
Community Member

Very True Queen Kong....ill get there eventually 🙂

Message 56 of 59
Latest reply

accessories_n_things86
Community Member

Thanks Foxette ill have a look, i have about 30 scarfs so it takes up 30 listings (which i dont have) as the bracelets i have under 10, deleting the nappy covers also gave me a few more listings 🙂

Message 57 of 59
Latest reply

deleting the nappy covers also gave me a few more listings 🙂

The limit is for items you can list per month, not for how many items you have listed in any particular time.  Removing listing will not make a space for new listing. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 58 of 59
Latest reply

accessories_n_things86
Community Member

I know, my limit for listings is 100 per month and i have almost used all of them this month hence the reason why i dont have enough listings spare to be able to list all 30 scarves just yet. Well for some reason when i removed a listing my listings went up by 5? Strange but im not complaining!!

Message 59 of 59
Latest reply