Newbie buyer with 2 different id's purches 2 items from me. Strange?

A new buyer with 2 seperate ids has purchased two items from me. Sale one uses 1 id second sale a totally different id. Has zer feedback and paypal address seem to check out. Seems strange to me. Can't figure the reason for the two id's. Never come across it before.
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

If the ID's are an odd combination of letters and number they have most likely purchased as a guest  which is quite common these days.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Are the names the same? Could be a husband and wife thing. A couple of years ago I sold a few things, then a few days later I sold another couple of things, then realised they were going to the same address, but the actual names were different. Turned out it was a husband and wife. I had a lucky break with them because both accounts, which had less than 50 feedback at the time, were serial neg leavers (and still are).

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

not unusual , I have a regular buyer who uses 2 different Id and picks up orders for both Ids , I never ask , 

also they might not be newys, they might have 9 different Ids lol

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

maybe they were buying for each other without telling each other.. oh well you got double sales.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Same name and address but 2 seperate ebay generated ids. Similar items purchased.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

There's your answer then.  If they choose NOT to sign up, each time they purchase something eBay will generate a generic ID for that transaction.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Yes we get this perhaps once a month.

My thinking is that they are buying as a guest and not fully registering with ebay as a member, so they get assigned these random looking IDs. If they make two purchases then we see them under two different IDs but the very same name + mailing address.

Since we use regular mail (no tracking) and the items are BIN with FREE shipping we just combine them and send them together.

Never had a probelm to this point doing it this way.

But they never leave us feedback tho. Perhaps a guest buyer cannot.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

But they never leave us feedback tho. Perhaps a guest buyer cannot.

Correct clarry, guest IDs cannot leave feedback as they are meant to be for one off purchases.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks. Guest id. i have not heard of that. Didn't know you could do that.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply