Next step after buyer opens a request ans issue is resolved/

This morning I received an email from ebay "Your buyer opened a request because their item hasn't arrived". I keep good records and was able to determine the date the item was posted (19/5) and the accompanying tracking number (TN) which I uploaded at the time I marked the item sent.

So I checked the TN on the AusPost website which showed the parcel had been awaiting collection at the buyer's local PO since 25/5. I sent a screenshot of this to the buyer and suggested she call in at her LPO. Received an email back just now saying she now had the item (no apology of course) .

My question is - what do I now do about the open request? There doesn't seem to be any way of indicating the buyer has now received her item. Do I do nothing? Does buyer need to do something?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@egglesdtp wrote:

This morning I received an email from ebay "Your buyer opened a request because their item hasn't arrived". I keep good records and was able to determine the date the item was posted (19/5) and the accompanying tracking number (TN) which I uploaded at the time I marked the item sent.

So I checked the TN on the AusPost website which showed the parcel had been awaiting collection at the buyer's local PO since 25/5. I sent a screenshot of this to the buyer and suggested she call in at her LPO. Received an email back just now saying she now had the item (no apology of course) .

My question is - what do I now do about the open request? There doesn't seem to be any way of indicating the buyer has now received her item. Do I do nothing? Does buyer need to do something?

Does the tracking show the package as delivered? It should. If it doesn't show as delivered, I would contact Australia Post. As for the case, I don't know the correct way to proceed. Hopefully one of the experts will chime in and tell you what you need to do. Just sit tight until they do though

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

If the tracking shows delivered, upload the tracking number to the dispute. The buyer SHOULD just close the case, but that is not a given. After all, she has her item now and any inconvenience to you is not her problem.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Have uploaded the tracking number to the request but there didn't seem to be any way of actually 'saving' that info - there was no 'next' or 'save' button. Hopefully it has gone through. Stupidest process I've come across.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

@egglesdtp wrote:

Does the tracking show the package as delivered? It should. If it doesn't show as delivered, I would contact Australia Post. As for the case, I don't know the correct way to proceed. Hopefully one of the experts will chime in and tell you what you need to do. Just sit tight until they do though

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I''ll email her and ask her to close the request.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Yes the buyer needs to close the request.

If no response it will time out but make sure the request doesn't say 'waiting for sellers response'.

image host
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

just escalate the request after 3 business days, case will be closed in your favour.
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

@danieh_6 wrote:
just escalate the request after 3 business days, case will be closed in your favour.

Dangerous move, eBay are not renowned for taking the seller's side when they ask eBay to step in, even if the seller can show delivery.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

How about doing online chat with ebay, refer them to buyer's message saying she has the item and ask if they can close the case?
I've followed up on 2 items lately and discovered they'd been delivered but Aust Post hadn't done last scan so still showing as undelivered. Fortunately the buyers eventually left feedback.
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply