No address in the Paypal transaction details

Hi everyone,

I sold an item recently and I was just getting it packaged up to take to the PO. I always check the paypal transaction against the ebay sales details to ensure that the address is the same. However in this case there is no address information in paypal (it just shows the ebay user's name and a transaction ID)

Is this a system error? Has anyone seen this before? And how does this affect paypal seller protection?

Not sure if this is relevant either, but the user has purchased using a big w click and collect address.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I sold one this morning and buyers address was in PayPal notification.

I assume as it's click n collect it won't show the usual primary postal address but I would have thought the PP notice would show the C&C address as that is what you send it to.

Someone that has sold with C&C could maybe clarify soon.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for your quick response! I just checked the initial payment received email from Paypal and the address is written inside the email (and it matches eBay)

I was checking inside my Paypal account using my browser when I noticed there was no address on the payment page.

I compared the payment record to other ebay sales I've made, and this one has no address, nowhere to put a tracking number, no reference to seller protection, and it says:

Need to contact the buyer? Log in to your eBay account and go to your selling history.

Then I just realised - does Paypal see click and collect as "pickup" ? And therefore treats the transaction differently? Even though I posted the item at the post office and have a tracking ID?

Forgive me for being stressed about this. I've been lurking on these forums for so many years and have read so many stories about sellers getting scammed that I start getting anxious whenever something doesn't feel quite right Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

If there is nowhere in the ebay options to add tracking number, log into paypal,  you can put a tracking number on the paypal site

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

The guys forgot to mention that if you refuse to cancel, the buyer could go through with the purchase, then use some other method to get their money back, such as inad or unauthorised transaction with their credit card company. Just wanted to mention the risks.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply