No free listings for a while now….

Hi,

Is Ebay not giving us 150 free listings (its been about a month, and usually we get one for halloween)

because we have been complaining and venting our frustration everywhere about ebay's new and

past regulations?

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: No free listings for a while now….

@luxuryrethreads wrote:

and btw, do you have a shop on etsy?

Yes, I do - I opened it in March, so I haven't been there for the longest time, but I read as much info as possible about the sites policies, and check the forums there quite frequently, so I can tell you that - just like here - some sellers get away with bending the rules sometimes, and others most definitely do not (a 5 year old bag would not be classed as vintage, so the only way to legitimately list it there is to alter it so that it qualifies as handmade, which I suspect would generally devalue a designer bag to the point where it wouldn't be worth doing).

Message 21 of 53
Latest reply

So I guess ebay is still the best place to sell second hand designer clothes...

Message 22 of 53
Latest reply

Thanks for that info, looks like etsy will be fine for me, as I sell craft supplies and handmade greeting cards.

Ebay don't want us here , the small seller, will give it a go.

I have tried Craftumi for craft supplies, but that one has gone downhill, well for me anyway. Madeit is for handmade stuff also, they charge .35c for 4mths. 

I also use pintest for advertising,  its a great site, but don't know if you can sell off it like facebook. ( which I don't use).

Good luck with you sales, Pam

Message 23 of 53
Latest reply

If you want all the details and feedback on Etsy just google 'Etsy versus Ebay' and you will get a heap of pros and cons for both sites from people that have used both. It looks like Etsy is a good place to have another site under your belt.  I am definitely setting up shop there. 

Message 24 of 53
Latest reply

Yes!  The free listings are a great bonus 🙂

They encourage sellers like me to sell a lot more, and therefore eBay benefit from the Final Value Fees.

$1.50 per insertion is over the top.   What eBay doesn't take into consideration, is that there are  a variety of sellers .... not everyone has a store,not everyone sells brand new items,   ....  and there are a lot of small non-store sellers.

eBay need to cater for everyone .... and while they're not doing this, people (like a lot of the previous writers) are going away from them.

I sell second hand quality brand clothing .... but it costs to purchase it, and I give free postage.   So after the 40 free listings, I have to pay another $1.50 per listing  😞

When I talk to eBay, I get a reply read from a screen .... no personal touch at all !!

I honestly don't know what the answer is .... meantime I will just sell my 40 per month until a free listing promotion comes along again,..... ..   if ever.   (By the way, if you ring eBay, they deny that there are no free listings at present   .... try it sometime!).  

Thanks for listening .........

Message 25 of 53
Latest reply

I've been on Etsy approx 2mths now and starting to see results. Yes, cheaper all round. I will not pay ebay one cent to relist now, all of my items in my unsold folder now go over to etsy. All the best 🙂
Message 26 of 53
Latest reply

Give Etsy a go. I've been on there a couple of months now and starting to see results. You choose where you will post to, Aussie or worldwide. Do your homework on postage costs, it will pay off. The listing process is quick and easy, they have some fabulous features. I will not pay ebay to list my items, they take enough of my profit as it is. All the best 🙂
Message 27 of 53
Latest reply

Steady figures of around 64,000,000 unique hits is pretty damn good!!! (from a web designer's point of view) I am not 100% certain but I have heard Ebay Australia gets around 40,000,000 unique hits which means Etsy is getting more unique visitors. So I just typed in ebay.com.au and what I heard was wrong it is under 30,000,000 and still dropping!

I think Ebay need to attract some buyers, and giving free listings to seller might be a good idea before their numbers get even lower!!!

Message 28 of 53
Latest reply

@onekiwi0 wrote:

yes I create mostly in turbo lister but how now do I synchronise my unsold listings please?  a little worried as I do sell on other sites so could get tricky (even moreso now ebay is not giving away more than 40 a month)

File > Import Items > From Ebay Listings

Then select 'Ended Listings'

Then select 'All' from the drop down box

And from the indented menu select 'Unsold Only'

I don't remember if this imports all unsold, deleted or not, or just the unsold sitting in your unsold tab on ebay, but even if it imports everything, it will just mean taking some extra time to go through and delete anything which sold later/is no longer available/etc Less time than relisting everything fresh, thats for sure!

Message 29 of 53
Latest reply

well I have done it, only a few items on as yet, but a start, easy to use.

Thank you once again for the hints, Pam.

Message 30 of 53
Latest reply