No free listings for a while now….

Hi,

Is Ebay not giving us 150 free listings (its been about a month, and usually we get one for halloween)

because we have been complaining and venting our frustration everywhere about ebay's new and

past regulations?

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: No free listings for a while now….

Australians have always been and will always be ripped off. It is one of the drawbacks of our small population. We have a huge land mass that adds to the operating costs of traditional business. Due to the past ability of business to run on a small turnover high profit model it is obviously now part of the thinking of the new tech based income. Even though they don't have the physical infrastructure they know that we will pay whatever they charge
Message 41 of 53
Latest reply

does turbo lister keep all your unsold items even after 60 days? I thought everything disappeared and couldn't be found after 60 days.

Message 42 of 53
Latest reply

I have a store on Etsy that does very well Ive been on there for years, just to clarify, VINTAGE on etsy goes right up to 1995 and can be anything from clothing to homewares to records, postcards , anything up to 1995.

Handmade on Etsy can be anything from clothing to toys, cards, art, photography,  etc etc

Craft supplies is the other big category, you can seel old or new jewelry there IF you sell it as to be taken apart for craft supplies and any other craft supplies you can think of, needlework kits, scissors, pliers, beads, anything

They DO support Paypal, and Ive never had any problems over there,

Their seller protection IS EXCELLENT,

their forums are incredibly friendlypositive and happy,  and best of all it only costs 20 cents to list something for 4 months, with a 3.5 FVF only.

Message 43 of 53
Latest reply

It sounds pretty good to me 🙂

I sell quality, second hand kids clothing  .... would that be okay? .... and do you have a good buyer market?

Do you just set yourself up the same as when you start on eBay ?

Would love to hear back from you ....

Message 44 of 53
Latest reply

Sorry .... I should have googled before I spoke .... I realise now that Etsy is for vintage or hand made.

I was thinking more of an alternative to eBay ....  

Message 45 of 53
Latest reply

I was attracted to etsy but am worried the setting up and listing process is a bit complicated?   I am not very computer savvy Smiley Sad

Message 46 of 53
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

I was attracted to etsy but am worried the setting up and listing process is a bit complicated?   I am not very computer savvy Smiley Sad

It's all quite intuitive and simple, but if you run into any problems, the help forum will usually be able to assist very quickly - as well as a lot of members participating, they also have etsy admin posters, who (while they do act as moderators) usually either work in a specific department (eg tech) and/or run etsy shops, so most things can be sorted quite quickly. 

Message 47 of 53
Latest reply

How do you pay your etsy fees. Do you have to have a credit card?

Message 48 of 53
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

How do you pay your etsy fees. Do you have to have a credit card?

You can use PayPal or direct checkout balance if you have any, to pay fees, but you will be asked to put a credit card on file when you open a shop (it can be any kind of debit / credit card, eg pre-paid Visa, or debit Mastercard). 

Best thing to do is check out all the selling info, policies etc over on etsy.

Message 49 of 53
Latest reply

I have just opened on Etsy, and found the listing fine, after the first one. You can make a store , do your first few listings before they go public. Being new there is always a few edits to do.

Remember you can have catorgories , which is called sections for different items.

I am only selling in oz at the moment. And list a few things everyday.

No sales yet, but only been couple days.

I then pin them on pintest for advertising. The fee for each listing is US 20C. 4 Months, but hope they sell before that time is up.

Message 50 of 53
Latest reply