No free listings for a while now….

Hi,

Is Ebay not giving us 150 free listings (its been about a month, and usually we get one for halloween)

because we have been complaining and venting our frustration everywhere about ebay's new and

past regulations?

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

I would guess it is far more likely to do with eBay's push for regular sellers to take out store subscriptions. On the US site they have recently announced changes to the number of auto relists and some FVFs for non-stores and at the same time the reduction in some FVFs for stores.

Message 2 of 53
Latest reply

The free listings are a bonus and while they were getting quite regular for a while there, we should not expect them to be so.  Maybe that's why they haven't given us any for a while, so we don't get too used to them.  I'm hoping for some today, but not holding my breath.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 53
Latest reply

Ebay is in such a mess at the moment with constant technical issues, it cant properly handle the listings it has already got. I dont think they need an influx of new listings until they can get the current problems sorted out. SORRY, I wouldnt mind a few freebies myself but the whole system is in chaos at the moment.

Message 4 of 53
Latest reply

Or they don't want small private sellers of personal goods any more.

That's Ok, they just won't have near as many items listed, jut the 40 per month instead of 200+.

Their loss.

Message 5 of 53
Latest reply

It's annoying when they don't give free listings. I know we shouldn't expect them. But  In the past when they have been regular i have listed as many items as they are. Now  the majority of my listings are in the "unsold" section. Ebay won't get any money off them, and neither will I.

If they don't have some free list promotions soon, my items will disappear.  40 free each month, only allows me 80 items. All the rest disappear after 60 days. All that time and effort to list the other  200 will be disappearing soon. That's the bit that makes me so cranky.

Message 6 of 53
Latest reply

mitbri
Community Member

Ebay should be giving free listings as usual to give people incentive. They charge 9.9% commission plus commission on the postage for non store holders, this is a very high fee.  There is no way I would pay for listings at around $2.00 each plus that level of commission. I am considering leaving ebay, I have investigated Etsy, and they only charge .20 cents for a listing which lasts for 4 months, plus the commssion is only 3.5%. They don't supports paypal for buyer or seller protection, but buyers can do direct checkout using their credit cards. Etsy charge 3% to process it. But it's still about 3% cheaper than ebay at the end of the day, plus

your item stays for 4 months. Not just 10 days, which is nothing. 

If ebay won't their regular small sellers to continue they don't have any choice but to give incentives. 

Etsy has grown huge, and a lot of people have left ebay to go there. 

Message 7 of 53
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

It's annoying when they don't give free listings. I know we shouldn't expect them. But  In the past when they have been regular i have listed as many items as they are. Now  the majority of my listings are in the "unsold" section. Ebay won't get any money off them, and neither will I.

If they don't have some free list promotions soon, my items will disappear.  40 free each month, only allows me 80 items. All the rest disappear after 60 days. All that time and effort to list the other  200 will be disappearing soon. That's the bit that makes me so cranky.

Download turbo lister

Synchronize your unsold listings with turbo lister

All listings auto saved into turbo lister for next time there is a promo. Done!

This is the only reason I still use turbo lister, having copies of all unsold item listings

Message 8 of 53
Latest reply

yes I create mostly in turbo lister but how now do I synchronise my unsold listings please?  a little worried as I do sell on other sites so could get tricky (even moreso now ebay is not giving away more than 40 a month)

Message 9 of 53
Latest reply

Casbit33, OMG, you are SO right.  I have the same situation.  Would really like to do some relisting big time.

Message 10 of 53
Latest reply