No more $1.10 weekends.

Did $700 plus ih sales last weekend through FB. No insertion fees, no PayPal fees.

Only trouble was I forgot to put 140 listings on the back burner! Luckily they waived the insertion fees. It seems Marketplace and dedicated interest  based sites are the new thing. Or even start your own FB page. Thanks ebay. 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

No more $1.10 weekends.

I think I'll stick with eBay until they make it impossible to list second hand items, I wouldn't be seen dead on Facebook.
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

No more $1.10 weekends.

getting good prices on facebook and they pick up so no postage mess around
Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

No more $1.10 weekends.

I'm interested in selling on FB etc, but don't want people coming to the house for privacy and security reasons.

I guess I can include postage, but not sure if price will then seem too high.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

No more $1.10 weekends.

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

I'm interested in selling on FB etc, but don't want people coming to the house for privacy and security reasons.

Just arrange to meet up with the buyer at a public location in your town - most of the stuff I've bought of FB has sold that way.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

No more $1.10 weekends.

Padi, is it safe to sell on FB? For some reason I have this 'dangerous' impression. I have never been a FB user. is it possible to open anaccount in a false name? (For safety and privacy reasons).

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

No more $1.10 weekends.

Why is that hh? Not being argumentative here; am genuiinely interested. I've been considering it for a long time, but daughter seems averse to the idea. Am trying to gather information about it. TIA to you and anyone else who supplies information, either on here or through a pm. TIA again. 

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

No more $1.10 weekends.

@pnc75 wrote:

Padi, is it safe to sell on FB? For some reason I have this 'dangerous' impression. I have never been a FB user. is it possible to open anaccount in a false name? (For safety and privacy reasons).

You can open an account in any name you like on FB pnc, and you can set your privacy settings so that only your "friends" can see your details, also the pm system is used when buying/selling so that you don't need to put personal details like phone numbers on a post.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

No more $1.10 weekends.

@pnc75 wrote:

You can use any name you like, providing out *sounds* like a name. For example, your real name might be Trevor Harrison, you could call yourself James Roberts. They wouldn't accept a name like hgjabnfj hskmfb, or even Richard the Sailor. If you wanted to share a page with a spouse, they won't allow John and Jody Dalton, so people get around that by having Johnandjody Dalton.

The only downside you using a fake name is, if they suspect any unusual activity, or the account is a fake name, they may want you to prove who you are by providing some form of ID. I don't use my real name on Facebook. I created a fake ID when they wanted me to prove who I was. If you do go the fake name, use your real date of birth, that way if they do want you to prove who you are, you haven't forgotten what the date of birth was you put in. 

If you are concerned about people coming to your house, as mentioned, meet in public. I have had a number of local pick up items from eBay sales. We either meet in the Maccas carpark, Bunnings or one of the local supermarket carparks. Depending on what part of town the buyer is in.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

No more $1.10 weekends.

I just don't do the whole social media thing, not my code of footy as such.
Message 10 of 18
Latest reply