No more 'free' auto relists for auctions

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/relisting-items?id=4147

I can't take credit for discovering this.  It was posted by someone else in another thread but I thought it was important enough to start a separate thread on it.

It'd pay people to read it for themselves but basically, any auto relists on auctions listed using the advanced listing tool will come off your freebie allowance or you'll be charged insertion fees.

It'd be really good if ebay would make everyone aware of major changes like this!!

Message 1 of 41
Latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

I saw the other post, but am not sure when it will start.

We had auctions auto-relist yesterday on a couple of id's without coming off our freebies.

Maybe it's for new listings?

Totally agree that everyone should be made aware of changes like this, though.
Message 2 of 41
Latest reply

Nah, eBay are far too busy posting YouTube videos about how amazingly supportive they are of big time sellers

Now if this had been something likely to have a huge impact on buyers, they would have a full screen,neon sign with gold flashing light globes 

Message 3 of 41
Latest reply

Lamps.

Globes are things you paint pictures of the world on. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 41
Latest reply

a full screen,neon sign with gold flashing light lamps?    I don't think so Smiley LOL

Globes is quite common use, or even bulbs - but not lamps

globe.JPG

Message 5 of 41
Latest reply

This is un-be-liveable! More entrapment. Sudden change of rules without any notification. They really are desperate to kill off sellers.

Message 6 of 41
Latest reply

At the moment it's not an issue because my auctions aren't on auto relist, because of the $1 weekends, but when the time comes that the $1 weekends stop, how do I find the quick listing tool? I have tried everything and can't find how to use it. In the old days, there was a link at the top of the advanced tool, when it was still 2 pages, but all I have at the top is "customise" "send us your feedback" and "find a product".

Anyone know how to change listing tools?

Message 7 of 41
Latest reply

I tried it by clicking on the link in the original 'Health Check' email, tippy.

Message 8 of 41
Latest reply

Thank you brer, that is VERY important information. Where was the announcement, notification about this? Yeah, typical ebay, none. 'Let's not tell them then charge them fees' mentality. Disgraceful.

Message 9 of 41
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

At the moment it's not an issue because my auctions aren't on auto relist, because of the $1 weekends, but when the time comes that the $1 weekends stop, how do I find the quick listing tool? I have tried everything and can't find how to use it. In the old days, there was a link at the top of the advanced tool, when it was still 2 pages, but all I have at the top is "customise" "send us your feedback" and "find a product".

Anyone know how to change listing tools?

You can't use the QL tool if you have a store or have seller hub/selling manager subscription. If you don't have a store you can go to subscriptions in your account settings and remove the sub for selling manager. You'll get the classic my ebay back and then if you click sell you can switch to the QL tool at the top.

Message 10 of 41
Latest reply