No wonder sales are down?

Just made up another listing and noticed the mobile friendly checker above the description page and clicked on it just to see what

the difference is and I get this: 

Viewport meta tag incorrect or missing

This tag should be included in the header for the font size in your item description to be legible on a mobile device.  

Which infers that all my previous listings weren't mobile friendly and they weren't legible and that I needed to also  "compress" the

description so that a mobile user doesn't have to scroll sideways.

So I've made up a scheduled lsiting similar to a previous one but mobile friendly and I'll see how it goes compared to the other one,

Ps: every time I've clicked on the checker I have to "fix" it for me,(so not certain it's actually fixed).

Mobile phone friendly..PNG

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

ebay's mobile view thingy is not the greatest tool on the planet. Quite often it creates a new problem after you click on Fix It.

Just make your fonts reasonable and don't include pictures/etc. and all is well.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

you are clicking on the SAVE function after saying 'fix it for me'???
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I checked my listings on my phone and they are fine. I ran this "fixer" and it shifted all the description offset so part of it was off the page..So yes did more harm than good for me

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
you are clicking on the SAVE function after saying 'fix it for me'???

Thanks.(all clear to go,no Active content or Links and mobile friendly).

Typical eBay have a SAVE function but hide it at the bottom of the page,(shouldn't have to scroll to something that has no

indication of being there).

Once I clicked on the fix it the following came up with a green tick and:

Viewport meta tag correctly set

Which to me meant it was corrected,(so the Save button should be higher up so you know it's there).

Did another listing and the Save was up higher in view so no need to scroll.

They may need to add to scroll to the Save button for longer listing descriptions.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply