Non Paying Bidders Should Be Removed!

Buyers who buy then do not pay and refuse to have any communication with seller right thru the npb process should be banned automatically from Ebay once the seller fee has been credited!

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Never gunna happen.

Especially when the seller suffers no material loss.

Do you have blocks in place?

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

eBay doesn't suffer any loss either; in fact, if you paid to list the item (e.g. due to not having any free listings remaining), and then paid again to relist it because someone didn't bother paying, they still win since they do not refund insertion fees!
Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

I believe, though I stand to be corrected, that relists for non-sold are free 2nd time around.

Or maybe utilise the 3 free relists most sellers get.

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

When a bidder bids (or buyer buys) a notice should come up advising them that they will forfeit a deposit fee in the event of non-payment. I'd be happy to share that with Ebay) Seller wins, Ebay wins & the buyer loses (which is the way it should be) If you layby something in a store yoou don't get your deposit returned! It would be interesting to see how few non-payers there would be if this was in place. (I'm guessing very few)

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

@rocket2retro wrote:

When a bidder bids (or buyer buys) a notice should come up advising them that they will forfeit a deposit fee in the event of non-payment. I'd be happy to share that with Ebay) Seller wins, Ebay wins & the buyer loses (which is the way it should be) If you layby something in a store yoou don't get your deposit returned! It would be interesting to see how few non-payers there would be if this was in place. (I'm guessing very few)

There are several problems with that, one big problem is there have been many, many posts on the boards over the years from buyers, especially newbies, who have bought something for a lot of money but then had a feeling something isn't quite right so they come here for advice. Once experienced members have a look it becomes clear it is a scam and the buyer is told not to pay under any circumstances. As presumably a deposit fee would have to be a percentage and it would have to be automated the buyer could then be out a fair bit of money. Ebay are not going to cover that cost and the buyer has no chance getting it back from the scammer.

NPBs cost no more than a few seconds of time and rather than equating them with buyers using layby in a store treat it like the annoying customer who unfolds 20 tee shirts and holds them up before deciding not to buy, the only cost to the store is the time it takes an assistant to refold the tees.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

What about the 8 days it takes to be able to relist the item(just in case they do pay) and the hold on the seller fee for 8 days untill the resolution case can be closed. Seller is the one stuffed around for over a week.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

For about 10%, which will be refunded. 73% chance of it happening in the current billing period.

NO MATERIAL loss. And no loss at all (even of temper) if you treat your selling professionally. Unlike a B&M that has to factor in shoplifting. Online shoplifting DOES occur, but it is not by NPBs.

Or use the tools provided - instant payment through Paypal - then the item is not sold until paid for.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Not to my knowledge; the FVFs are refunded but the $1.50 listing fee is not. If someone "buys" or bids on an item and then doesn't bother paying, it's considered sold by eBay. Close the non-payment case and it sits there in your unsold pile until you manually relist it again (which will either cost you a listing fee or take up one of your remaining free listings).
Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

As far as I know, if you pay an insertion fee it is refunded if the item sells. As the unpaid item has sold in eBays eyes, the insertion fee should have been refunded.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply