Non Paying Buyer and Relisting Fees..

Hi all I have a non paying buyer who bought 9 items all under $3.00 each he didn't pay so the items were relisted after a Claim was made. To relist these items it cost me $13.50 it also cost me $13.50 on the original listing that's $27.00 to list 9 items and Ebay will not refund the original listing fees unless the item is sold on the second listing what happens if another non paying bidder or buyer does the same thing? I am beginning to dislike Ebay more and more most of my items are low value but it what they are worth and I only want what they are worth.. This really Pees me off. I am open to any ideas to help stop this.. Paddy
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If you list as buy now or buy now with best offer for the 30 days in your store the cost will be only 20c or 50c per listing depending on the store you have.

Then you can have immediate payment required and till they pay the item is still an active listing for others to buy and once they pay then the listing ends as sold.

If they were sold at auction and there was more than 1 bidder then do 2nd chance offers once the non payer disputes are closed then you only pay the final value fee and no relisting fee.

The listing fees are a lot more for auction listings.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

One way to help stop non-payers is to have blocks that prevent people who've received non-payment strikes in a certain period from bidding. You can set them harshly or more lenient.

Another way is to write in your description - "Serious bidders/buyers only please" or "Please don't buy unless you can pay as a strike will be issued."
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

The items were sold on Auction in Collectables$1.50 per Relist no other bidders so no second chance offer was available..

Paddy

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Auctions in the collectible categories qualify for free listings even with a store, so while it's not really possible to prevent NPBs, you can reduce the costs they may cause by ensuring you only use free listings for auctions - personally, I wouldn't pay $1.50 for an auction even for more expensive items and without the NPB problems. 

If you've run out of free listings, I'd hold off on relisting until the next month. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Another way is to write in your description - "Serious bidders/buyers only please" or "Please don't buy unless you can pay as a strike will be issued."

Please do NOT do that, it looks so unprofessional and would probably cause those of a perverse nature to make their payment as late as possible! Why put the idea into their heads that there are such things a frivolous bidders who don't pay.

I haven't paid a listing fee for a long time, if I have used up all 40 on one selling id I list on another id, no way would I pay $1.50 to list anything at auction and certainly not a relist.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply