Non-delivery to Australian Parcel Locker

I just wanted to alert sellers to something that might be dampening their sales. In the last two weeks or so, I have pulled out of at least half a dozen sales that were nearly complete because Ebay intervened at the last point insisting I had to "correct" my delivery address.  It wouldn't progress unless I changed the address away from my Parcel Locker.  Well guess what, the vendor lost the sale.

I always require delivery to my Australia Post Parcel Locker. For those who don't know them, these are free lockers that you can have you parcel delivered to (there are many sizes) and when your parcel arrives, you get a text message telling you to come and get it, plus an access code.  The lockers are open 24/7.

In the past, some sellers refused to deliver to Post Office boxes and extended this to Parcel lockers, but I am finding this restriction now on a suspiciously large number of items now, as if Ebay has set it as a default.

I use a Parcel Locker so I don't have to have my time wasted by Couriers, whose antics can add up to a week to delivery time.  The commonest idiocy is to arrive at the address, write out a card while still sitting in the van, stick it in your letter box and drive away. This happens on a Friday or before a long weekend and you parcel is delayed by many days.  These firms do not operate out of business hours or on weekends and I will not deal with vendors who use them.

If you don't want this restriction to operate, I would advise you to check before you list.

Message 1 of 1
Latest reply
0 REPLIES 0